Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope

How to CONVINCE your wife to go hammock camping!

I love camping and so does my daughter, we have a son who is almost 2 and I want to get my wife to go hammock camping but I cannot convince her that it is fun. Does anyone have any tips from experience. Or is there any girls out there that can give me advice.

Also my wife hates bugs aside from bug spray what can you use to get those insects out of the area for women? I know the basics, no purfume or scented shampoo

Well if there are any good tips out there I would love to hear them

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    I would love to hear if there are any ideas or solutions to this little problem! I can easily say that I have had no luck for some time!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Man up! Lay the law down to her and tell her that's the way it's gonna be. Of course, bear in mind, I'm twice divorced.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Man up! Lay the law down to her and tell her that's the way it's gonna be. Of course, bear in mind, I'm twice divorced.
    Hooch, that brought a smile to my morning, thanks!

I wish I had a magic formula for you. I sometimes think my enthusiasm for this hobby/religion turns my family off at times. I installed hammock hooks in the kids' bedrooms too, thinking we could get rid of the bunk beds, but my boys only sleep in the hammock every-so-often.

I keep thinking, "Man, if I were a kid and got to sleep in a hammock it would have been the coolest thing EVER!"

Now, one thing that has worked is going to places that are _cool_. Backpacking into slot canyons in Sedona or gushing springs near Flagstaff have my kids begging for more. It takes some work, but those events have been great memory moments and bonding times. I pack extra to make sure they are warm and cozy, so it goes against my "gram weenie" mantra. Oh well.

My wife tolerates hammocks. We slept in them during our backpacking trip on the Na'pali Coast in Kauai. For my wife, we discovered she doesn't like the cocoon feeling, but she hasn't quite adopted the quilt concept.

I purchased a HUGE authentic Brazilian hammock a few weeks ago and it is to DIE for. My wife loves it and is starting to use it more and more. I think this is one key to get her to adopt the hammock more.

She says she'll go with me if we go to some cool places like Havasupai Falls, etc. I'm game.

So, maybe there are some nuggets of ideas, but I'm no psychologist. I don't know how to convince people to go camping or use hammocks other than just make it fun, enjoyable, and easy.

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Hahah....hold your ground brother!

Hammock
    My new warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I made my girlfriend her own hammock and underquilt as my first DIY projects.that way the next time we went camping she had to sleep in them just out of guilt since I spent so much time making them for her now she loves it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    I bombarded her with the Shug collection of video's. She now wants a Warbonnet Blackbird . Thanks Shug.

I need some advice on this as well.

I have got my wife to tent camp now... Man did that take work.

She thinks Hammock camping is craziness. She actually thinks I lost my mind the last few month since I started this hobby.

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    I need some advice on this as well.

I have got my wife to tent camp now... Man did that take work.

She thinks Hammock camping is craziness. She actually thinks I lost my mind the last few month since I started this hobby.
    Breakfast in bed becomes breakfast in hammock, ie. lemon crepes & coffee on a tray for Mothers Day?

Treat her to a mani-pedi in the hammock?

Toss in a copy of "50 shades" and you may have to pry her out of the hammock.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    There are some things that I will never understand, or enjoy, and my wife has her list as well. I will not go to Bilbao to visit the Guggenheim, and she will not go to Labrador to hunt Woodland Caribou. We accept that.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast