i strung up my new 1.1 DL in my hotel room tonight (it's a beautiful sight ). i've noticed a 1/2 wide thin strap on the outside and on the inside, kind of like ties. what are these? are they ties, so i can roll up the bug netting and tie it up?

they aren't bothersome or anything, i just know there's a purpose to them but i'm not sure what it might be