Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    Incorrect
    The Nano is not lighter then the BIAS Micro..
    The Micro is 6oz and the Nano is 7oz.
    The Nano is 9' x 4' and the BIAS Micro is 11' x 4.25'.
    Spaceweasel is correct. The BIAS WWM is 6 oz. The GT Nano 7 is... well, 7 oz.

The BIAS Weight Weenie Micro is 4 inches wider, two feet longer, one ounce lighter, $10 cheaper, and it comes with a ridgeline.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrianb View Post
    Spaceweasel is correct. The BIAS WWM is 6 oz. The GT Nano 7 is... well, 7 oz.

Thats interesting as this thread says different http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20614

Also I just weighted mine and it comes in at 147 grams or 5.18oz
    (thats including the stuff sack thats pre-attached, but with "No" biners) so one could loose a little more weight by removing the supplied stuff sack.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Just so it's understood the listed weight of 7.4oz of the Nano 7 on the GT site Includes Mad Rock Wire Bent Carabiners. So it's not a "Apples to Apples" comparison!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    The Nano with supplied Biners or without?

I would make this determination before I say incorrect!

Also per this thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20614 a Nano comes in at 4.91oz without Biners, so then yes it is lighter than the BIAS Micro at 6oz.
    I stand corrected..

Out the door, ( as sold and bought ) the Nano is not lighter then the BIAS Micro.

Out the door, ( as sold and bought ) the Nano is not lighter then the BIAS Micro.

Yes you are correct, also out the door the Nano is more expensive! If I had a pick it would be the BIAS Micro!

But I want to say one thing, I don't work for either company, so I'm not product pushin! But I do fully support the Cottage guy's (or gall's ).

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Thats interesting as this thread says different http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20614

Also I just weighted mine and it comes in at 147 grams or 5.18oz
    (thats including the stuff sack thats pre-attached, but with "No" biners) so one could loose a little more weight by removing the supplied stuff sack.
    I was quoting the advertised weight... But to use the "no biner" caveat, the BIAS suspension recommendation is toggles which weigh about .18 oz. (and toggles accomplish the same thing as biners... connecting the hammock to the suspension). Breaking the math out (weight per square inch), a WWM with four inches off the width, two feet off the end would be about 4.6 oz. (no biners, toggles, etc. included).
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Just so it's understood the listed weight of 7.4oz of the Nano 7 on the GT site Includes Mad Rock Wire Bent Carabiners. So it's not a "Apples to Apples" comparison!
    So since the Micro is a larger hammock, can we say it's comparing a apple to a grapefruit?

I was quoting the advertised weight... But to use the "no biner" caveat, the BIAS suspension recommendation is toggles which weigh about .18 oz. (and toggles accomplish the same thing as biners... connecting the hammock to the suspension). Breaking the math out (weight per square inch), a WWM with four inches off the width, two feet off the end would be about 4.6 oz. (no biners, toggles, etc. included).

Ok, but if one wanted to cut some fabric off the Nano it would be lighter then too...

All things aside, does the BIAS Micro come with anything attached? Biners, Toggles, any type of suspension? Stock per the page the answer is no!

Here is the excerpt from http://www.buttinasling.com/wewemi.html
    Weight: 52 inch - 6 oz. (170 grams) Weights include channel loops and bag with paracord and cordlock

So again a Apples to Apples comparison!

So since the Micro is a larger hammock, can we say it's comparing a apple to a grapefruit?
    Sure

Actually that would be more like a Starfruit to a Watermelon! Just sayin

But to use the "no biner" caveat, the BIAS suspension recommendation is toggles which weigh about .18 oz. (and toggles accomplish the same thing as biners... connecting the hammock to the suspension).
    Seriously.... One could always take off the biners and larkshead the whoopie sling to the hammock and it would still be the same as before, lighter.

So by your comment the BIAS Micro comes with suspension already attached? And this is factored into the advertised weight? If so then I stand corrected.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast