I have never been a fan of the drawcord style opening at the top of my packs, so I finally got around to doing a roll top mod on my GoLite Pinnacle. This was an extremely easy mod and only took about an hour with photos and such. This is a quick step by step, enjoy!

Materials needed:
I used two straps from REI that I used to push my order to free shipping, and a GoLite Pinnacle bag.

Remove cordlock and drawcord.

Cut buckle off of one of the straps and the male end off of the other. Then measure your bag for the width and be sure to add 2 inches for attaching a female end to the end of the strap.

I placed my side straps higher than most but I like how it works out. Most would place the straps further down. So now find the spots for the side straps, mark, and attach.

Then attached the top strap along the outside edge. I placed it on the side facing away from the back so the roll would go that way, just my preference.

And there you have it.
Because I placed my side straps so high, I will use my side cinch buckle as shown for smaller volume loads. The reason I did it this way is because I find that the pack rides better when the bag is filled higher and with this pack I can make its capacity much lower by cinching things down and by some fancy clips at the bottom of the pack. Seems to help with the load straps getting load off my shoulders, particularly my collar bones. I broke one when I was a kid and backpack shoulder straps have a tendency to cause blisters in that area from an improper bone set.

This, of course, would be tighter with a larger volume load.

Here she is finished.

I hope this helps a bit with someone out there.