Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Noshtero View Post
    I may try to sew a heavy duty zipper on in it's place, but for now, I seem to be functional with the zipper broke and the opening always wide open.
    If you have these kinds of sewing skills, rip the 2 layers apart and hem the long (entry side) and get rid of the useless zipper altogether!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Tarp
    Ghetto Tarp
    Insulation
    Squirrels
    I have two new 3rd generations and it looks to me like the sleeve zipper would be much better suited sewn into the bottom layer strengthwise as well as for accessability IMO. The majority of the weight seems to be carried by the inner layer. The first thing I thought when I saw the placement of the new zipper was potential problem.The reason I went with Claytor was the sleeve. Now after reading this thread I am shopping for underquilts

Just my two Fen.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I wonder why they made such a drastic change to the hammock. Seem to me that was one of the stronger selling points to the claytors.

I also wonder why Neo has not put any comments in about all of this it seemed that Neo and Tom were able to work all this out in other threads.

Neo what is Tom saying about all of this? Oh wait I know why cause Neo has a new love of his life and doesn't spend as much time with us anymore...

maybe he will come in when he can until then you all might just email tom about all of this and see what he has to say he works real good with those that buy the claytors.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hang em high View Post
    I have two new 3rd generations and it looks to me like the sleeve zipper would be much better suited sewn into the bottom layer strengthwise as well as for accessability IMO. The majority of the weight seems to be carried by the inner layer. The first thing I thought when I saw the placement of the new zipper was potential problem.The reason I went with Claytor was the sleeve. Now after reading this thread I am shopping for underquilts

Just my two Fen.
    More money and stuff for an other wise good hammock..
    Look at the bright side it's a new gift to you kinda like xmas only sooner

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR

Problem Solved

I just got an email back from Tom Claytor. There was never a problem with the original design, it sounds like he was getting some feedback that people wanted a different pad pocket and, just trying to listen to what we wanted, made the change. But enough of us raised our concerns that he's gone back to the original (3 sides sewn) sleeve.

The Claytor is still one of the best hammocks around, and I'm extremely impressed with the service that comes with it. I have great respect for Tom Claytor, and I highly recommend his product.

If anyone wants to exchange their hammock, don't hessitate to send Tom and email he'll get you taken care of.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    Neo what is Tom saying about all of this? Oh wait I know why cause Neo has a new love of his life and doesn't spend as much time with us anymore...
    Isn't that the truth...
    Boys are TIGHT until a short skirt walks by...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The two claytors I got last year just have the pad sleeved swen on three sides. the side on the entry side of the hammock is not sewn. At first, it looks like the pad might slip out but it doesn't because pads are not very slippery.

The zipper seems to me to be an unecessary addition.
    What you said (except I only have one)

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    That's a case of "improving" a product for no apparent reason. I hope Tom gets enough complaints to go back to the original design which worked very well.
    What you said (no exceptions)

Quote Originally Posted by mbwtt View Post
    I just got an email back from Tom Claytor. There was never a problem with the original design, it sounds like he was getting some feedback that people wanted a different pad pocket and, just trying to listen to what we wanted, made the change. But enough of us raised our concerns that he's gone back to the original (3 sides sewn) sleeve.

The Claytor is still one of the best hammocks around, and I'm extremely impressed with the service that comes with it. I have great respect for Tom Claytor, and I highly recommend his product.

If anyone wants to exchange their hammock, don't hessitate to send Tom and email he'll get you taken care of.
    I'm glad he's gone back to the original plan. There were no problems with it. Even with recent 'design change' issues, no one can honestly say his customer service is anything short of top shelf!
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123