Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Where/how do you change clothes?

I understand in book woods you just step off and change... But in an established campground? Side note I have not hung my entire system yet so maybe the tarp will cover all the important parts and I'm other thinking this... But just something I thought about this morning...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    Yep. You should have plenty of privacy under your tarp, anless it is a diamond shape. You can even sit in your hammock if needed, hang a towel or piece of clothing on one end. No problem.
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Funny...I totally understand, and it was one of my questions when I started out. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34729 The thread is not just for women, and mostly men responded...lots of good things there. If your tarp is big enough then that will work well for you. For established camp grounds, we have one of those inexpensive pop up duck blinds that I take with us (or deer blind, I'm not sure which it is). There is just enough room for the port-a-pot and to change clothes. For our usual hammock camping, no-one really cares and you just do it. A lot simpler than I thought it would be.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    If, and I say if, I was worried about it, I would just change in my hammock, or if that proved to difficult, I could always just shut the doors on the superfly and have all the privacy one could want.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Funny...I totally understand, and it was one of my questions when I started out. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34729 The thread is not just for women, and mostly men responded...lots of good things there. If your tarp is big enough then that will work well for you. For established camp grounds, we have one of those inexpensive pop up duck blinds that I take with us (or deer blind, I'm not sure which it is). There is just enough room for the port-a-pot and to change clothes. For our usual hammock camping, no-one really cares and you just do it. A lot simpler than I thought it would be.
    That was a great link DivaB... And entertaining to boot... I had thought about it just sometimes the persons here have better ideas than my little ole mind can think of... Thank you ma'am...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    I give a verbal warning that the show is about to begin, after adequate time for people to run for the hills or get to there seats I change clothes.
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dammfast View Post
    I give a verbal warning that the show is about to begin, after adequate time for people to run for the hills or get to there seats I change clothes.
    Doesn't work with Mr Ranger ;-0

OTOH drop the tarp close with maybe and end tie and it's gets confining but private for the short time involved. Might be amusing to watch the tarp flap around. ;-)

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    This was one of Little Legs main concerns when she started of hammock camping with me. We had always tented it but once I got into a hammock well no more tent. To address her concerns and in keeping with her modesty (something I do not have when in the woods I just shout close your eyes everyone ) I bring along a 11ft RL with 10.5 ft side walls on each side of the tarp. So the total tarp is 11ft by 21w. It is also made of black sil. so she has plenty of privacy. However much it kills me seeing her carry a 23oz tarp when I bought her a cuben, I do what I gots to do to make her comfy in the woods because the more comfy she is the more she comes out into the woods with me which means the more I get to go into the woods. Another option would also be I carry a piece of Tyvek for a ground cloth and when I gots to change my shorts or under shorts the tyvek can warp around my waist if I am in a highly densely populated area. Happy hanging and stay modest out their .
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

This thread explains why those people in the next campsite over were yelling at me-----

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Although it could be a little embarrasing changing the underlings (you could go without) one of the benefits of having shoulder surgery where I couldn't move my shoulder for weeks was that I had to buy 4 or 5 extremely large shirts. I'm all ready an tripple x fat boy. These things are huge and long. So if I'm in a public area and the tarp is too tight to the ground I put one of these shirts on. It's a tent unto itself. Might not help the ladies when they're changing their shirts and upper superstructure. Then again if Jessica can fish that thing off and on with a shirt on and the camera is rolling, so can you. And remember, a bra is a less revealing swim suit.

Or go nekked, I don't care.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast