Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images

Nehha. 2012....

A great time this year! We had some new hangers, a LOT of awesome food (hammockers really know how to eat!) and some great stories. Some have posted back in the Trip Planning thread, and I suggested the Mods move those responses here.

People came from far and near, from New Jersey (Da Bears!) and from WAY up in deep central Maine! (Rilmoigan). The food, as usual, was epic, and once again included absolutely sinful hand crafted chocolate by the Chocolatier once again! Thanks Rich!

Went to try fishing the upper reaches of the Deerfield River, but found devastation instead, compliments of Hurricane Irene. Lack of winter snows had the river exceptionally low, and large areas just missing or washed away. We saw consistent flood debris 10 to 12 feet above our heads in the trees that were not destroyed. Amazing impacts.

Anyway, once I get to my computer again, I will upload the pics and videos as I can.

Another great hang!
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Was a great time!!! I just ordered a set of Dutch buckles, as I didnt know they existed-and look forward to trying them again soon!!! Was great to see some of the same faces from last year-and meet some new folks. Hopefully, we can do another one before winter sets in!!!

PS, I am going to drop by your work soon-PM me your work hours & days, when you can.

Hammock
    Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Was a great time!!! I just ordered a set of Dutch buckles, as I didnt know they existed-and look forward to trying them again soon!!! Was great to see some of the same faces from last year-and meet some new folks. Hopefully, we can do another one before winter sets in!!!

PS, I am going to drop by your work soon-PM me your work hours & days, when you can.
    I'm looking at a couple spots for the next one where we can have a short hike in. I was thinking sometime in August or September instead of waiting a year.
    --
    John

Hammock
    Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Stock.
    Images
    Had a really fun time, even the unplanned hike. was great to get a hike in. Sorry for the swearing R3l@x. That was my first hike of the spring. oh... and sorry for drinking most of the only water we had on that hike too.
    Next time i'll be better prepared. I still have to get out a compass and see how far we really trekked. i swear it was 10 miles...!! (give or take 7 miles)

Great company at the hang. Lot of fun to check out everyone else's hammock set ups and stoves.
    I've already ordered a bunch of 'dutch ware'. Including underquilt hooks. I think i'll get it right this time!

I am pretty sure it didn't get down to 27* on saturday, as i did get up to pee in the middle of the night. Felt more like 45-50* to me.

Anyway, thanks again all for a great weekend. And no sign of a bullseye from the tick bite yet.

Matt.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" -BR-.

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    when's the next one? we're in!
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by mbnow View Post
    Had a really fun time, even the unplanned hike. was great to get a hike in. Sorry for the swearing R3l@x. That was my first hike of the spring. oh... and sorry for drinking most of the only water we had on that hike too.
    Next time i'll be better prepared. I still have to get out a compass and see how far we really trekked. i swear it was 10 miles...!! (give or take 7 miles)

Great company at the hang. Lot of fun to check out everyone else's hammock set ups and stoves.
    I've already ordered a bunch of 'dutch ware'. Including underquilt hooks. I think i'll get it right this time!

I am pretty sure it didn't get down to 27* on saturday, as i did get up to pee in the middle of the night. Felt more like 45-50* to me.

Anyway, thanks again all for a great weekend. And no sign of a bullseye from the tick bite yet.

Matt.
    I had a great time as well. We had a nice group and everything went well. Glad everyone enjoyed the steaks.

Half the fun I had was listening to the younger guy complain If I had known we were doing a half day hike I would have had more water also

I think the 27 number came from when my Phone updated on the top of the hill on our first hike. The weather forcast was for a low of 27. We all know how that goes though....the actual low for Sunday night was 35.6 for Charlemont. We could have been a little higher or lower, my guess is lower but not by much.

Glad to here no redness. You sure did smell pretty with that lemon scent on you but I'll stick with the permethrin on my cloths and deet spray. Tick free all weekend and through Lime CT
    --
    John

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Arrived a bit late (2 hrs or so) to the hang site, to find a couple of new hangers, and some old goodies (Veto!). While checking in, Adarack (new to NEHHA) rolled-up, and thought I might be me! a loud, "Whoooo Buddy!" confirmed his suspicions.

Several things stand-out from this hang: the number of cooking methods available to hangers; the sheer devastation and current drought conditions on the upper reaches of the Deerfield River; the ongoing cameraderie of HF members, and how fast the time flies when you are having fun!

I tried to fly fish in any water that I deemed deep enough, and promptly hooked Tripod in the pad of his little finger! D'Oh! Luckily, as a lifelong fisherman, and a fishing instructor, I knew how to remove the hook without much fuss or further damage, and we continued the day.

I did get some video, which I will try to upload and edit. I have still shots, but they are being blocked for lack of a 'security token', whatever that is.

Suffice it to say, that yet another HF Meet was entirely successful!

~ Sky
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    An amazing hang for a first timer. Everyone was very friendly. Have never felt more comfortable all at once. Great stories and great ideas. Some monty python and stove ..... cant wait to go again .
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie,Dutch
    "I have still shots, but they are being blocked for lack of a 'security token', whatever that is."
    I got that message as well when I tried to upload my pictures and found out that they were too large. You need to re-size your photos.

Hammock
    hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast