Hammock
    WBBB XL 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch & Whoopie!
    Thanks for all of the input guys...I'm not sure if it helps or makes it worse! It's funny, I came across this forum just checking up on reviews for a HH and have been sucked in to no foreseeable end It's so hard to know what is the right thing for me with so many options but I can see that that is exactly what makes this so addicting! I haven't even ordered mine yet and I'm hooked

Most of this hammocks purpose will be for backpacking in the mountains of the southeast. I am leaning towards a single layer with an under quilt and/or soaked in permethrin for warmer months. Weight is an issue since I generally pack fly fishing gear and a gopro with accessories. I have been forced to watch and reduce my weight with all of the added gear. It is the reason I started looking into a hammock in the first place. Well, that and I found that cowboy camping gave me more rest than sleeping in the tent with my snoring fishing buddy

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I bought a gopro hero last christmas and found that while it had outstanding video quality, it had less than optimal microphone capability. even at 10 inches the sound came in muffled. I'm actually thinking of Ebaying it.

Only one way to grade your gear, "git out and use it!"
    Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

Hammock
    WBBB XL 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch & Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnick View Post
    I bought a gopro hero last christmas and found that while it had outstanding video quality, it had less than optimal microphone capability. even at 10 inches the sound came in muffled. I'm actually thinking of Ebaying it.
    Yup. That sounds about right. Especially if you are using the waterproof housing. If you use the non waterproof housing the sound is MUCH better. But that's not what makes that camera great. It's the ability to stick it anywhere, on anything and therefore placing it in the craziest of situations and places. If you want something you can hold in your hand a get great audio....well, I can see why you would be disappointed.

Also, with the non waterproof housing, you can plug in an external mic and get pro-audio. That might be more than you're looking to get into though.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Equinox
    Insulation
    UGQ 40* Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Adj Web Suspension
    Welcome,
    I'm 5' 10" and 215 lbs, I use the dbl 1.1, It is only 2 oz more than the single 1.7.
    So weight wise they are close to the same with the added benefits of the double layer, mosquitoes and the ability to easily use a pad. I wasn't ready to buy a UQ when I first picked up my WBBB and the dbl gave me more options.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12