Pendule, no it wasn't meant as irony but I won't post anymore while drinking beer! I regret how lopsided the post was and the fact is that I am still interested in hammocks, but this time I will not assume that one can "just do it" ... that I need to learn a few things in a careful way first.

I took the first hammock with me a while after I bought (too soon - a classic mistake I guess) it and just simply struggled with my lack of understanding of knots. I cycled a part of the Atlantic Coast trail and discovered several aspects of hammocking that I had not counted on.
For example, I would go to bed in temperatures in the high nineties and found myself wishing that the tarp on that hennesy could be raised higher above the hammock because it felt stiffling. I'm sure an experienced person would have known how to do that but to me the dang thing was attached in a way that I didn't know how to change. So I'd go to bed in only shorts and slept as well as one does inside a sauna. I'd eventually falls asleep only to wake up when the temp dropped to the seventies to put on a shirt and then wake up again a few hours later from being wet from the condensation that seemed to wick through the bottom of the hammock.

I know I'm just simply not versed in the "ways" ... but despite my one sided post, I'm still game to try it again - though with more respect for the level of skill this time. I've grown up camping (in Europe) from the time I was three. I guess I didn't realize how much one learns over the years, to take for granted, until last year when I took a friend camping and watched him do things that I laughed at. Well you guys would sure be laughing at me and my newbie hammock ways. Just about the only dumb thing I've probably not done is hang the thing completely upside-down. (but give me more time)

So while I did and do perceive that information here is, shall we say "enthusiastic" about hammocks, you are right that that is to be expected and it still is the best place for information, for sure.

So just skip that post of mine. Too one sided, too sour ... for sure. Sorry bout that!