Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    DIY Ring Buckle

What do non-hammockers think?

Just curious as to what everyone's non-hammocking friends think about our hobby. Personally, I am part of the college-kid-Eno-hammock fad, and a few of my friends and I purchased one. I, however am the only one of my peers who have taken it to the level of modification, DIY, and frequently overnighting outdoors in it. Therefore, my family (in the kindest way possible) thinks I'm turning into a bush hippie minimalist. But hey, haters gonna hate (did I really just say that?). Regular camping isn't very popular where I live, so some people don't really understand all the time and effort I put into my hammock. But I love it nonetheless and it's fun.

So the question isn't about how you came to this hobby, but how city folk respond when you try to explain why you use a "whoopie sling" as opposed to a "ring buckle" suspension, etc.
    Last edited by Banjo_Bro; 05-17-2012 at 20:21.
    I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work...
    I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."
    And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.
    -From the Auburn Creed, by George Petrie, 1945

• + New Posts