Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock and Clark hammocks are also a Made in the USA.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Images
    Here's a list of where all the major hammock manufacturers make their products:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4695

Happy hangin...

Images
    With the SEHHA and MAHHA events right around the corner it's a good time for anyone interested in getting into a hammock to see a good cross section of what's available...plus getting to talk with a lot of folks with hands on experience. Ed Speer would probably bring one to try at SEHHA and I'd bet that the Jacks would do the same at MAHHA. Plus, lots of folks have (many) more than one hammock and would probably be happy to let you give one a try.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    I am now thinking

Speer Hammock III and a MacCat Deluxe? What do you guys think of that set-up? Is there anything else that I should get, slap straps etc...?

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    How does the Speer Hammock attach to the straps? From some pictures it looks like it is just tied on.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocs View Post
    How does the Speer Hammock attach to the straps? From some pictures it looks like it is just tied on.
    That's correct. The straps are tied in with the hammock end-whip.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    Is there any particular reason they are made that way, it gives them a little bit of a "homemade" look (of course technically, I guess they are made in the Spears home)? A carbiner end like the ENO ProNest would give it a more finished look and would seem more secure, of course it might add a little weight.

As far as the webbing goes, would you guys recommend something like the Jacks R Better Tri Glides (assuming the Speer Webbing is compatible) or just use the lines as they come.

Also for the tarp, does the MacCat Deluxe come with guylines? If not what would you recommend? What about tentioners?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Is there any particular reason they are made that way, it gives them a little bit of a "homemade" look (of course technically, I guess they are made in the Spears home)? A carbiner end like the ENO ProNest would give it a more finished look and would seem more secure, of course it might add a little weight.
    I'm not sure why Ed ties them in. It certainly works well, though. There's a reason whipped end hammocks are called Speer-type.

As far as the webbing goes, would you guys recommend something like the Jacks R Better Tri Glides (assuming the Speer Webbing is compatible) or just use the lines as they come.
    I would recommend that if you get the hammock to just use it 'as-is' for a while. You'll then get ideas for any mods or improvements. There are almost as many different suspension designs as there are members of this forum. And that's part of the fun of it, IMO.

The JRB Tri-Glides can be made to work with Speer webbing, but only with modification. The Tri-Glides are intended for 1" webbing, but the Speer comes with 1.5" webbing.

Also for the tarp, does the MacCat Deluxe come with guylines? If not what would you recommend? What about tensioners?
    No, the MacCat doesn't come with guylines but Brian sells them as an accessory on his site. I personally like to use the TripTease knockoff from Campmor as guyline, but some like simple mason's twine (or other cording).

For tensioners, there is the commercial route via JRB's STL's. Or for DIY, have a look at this thread.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    If you get the Speer III model A, it should come with 1" wide webbing. Unless they've changed things since I last ordered one. Might e-mail them to be sure. The JRB Tri-Glides would be a great option.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    If you get the Speer III model A, it should come with 1" wide webbing.
    My mistake. I thought Speer used 1.5" on all his hammocks, but that seems to be remiss. Thanks for pointing that out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast