Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Theguywitheyebrows View Post
    the more stuff i discover here, the more you guys have already ironed out all my 'new' ideas a long time ago lol. how much wiggle room did you give each magnet in the under-piece? how many on each side? just loop the shock cord around before the cordlcok to cinch it down and keep it around the CLs? i'll post pictures if i ever get around to it, you better believe it!!
    Sorry for the delay in responding. Life got in the way!

Refer to #27 in this thread. I used 46 magnets at around 2 oz weight. I did 3 " spacing, but later cut some of those out at the foot end for more flexibility. I have the ones in the outer layer pretty much stationary, and the ones on the inner layer slide as needed.

I use shock cord wrapped around the suspension to keep things snug but flexible as needed. I am probably least happy with how that is set up now. I might actually find some kind of ring to thread the lower layer on on so it will slide back out towards the end more easily. It seems to get too tight and just hang farther down the inner layer. Wish I had more fiddle time.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit
    Tarp
    HG Standard CF
    Insulation
    Shenandoah - Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    that is a neat idea!

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112