Thread: conejo valley

nofeesh

conejo valley

Hello, I found this website via youtube video. I was watching wood gas stove clips by Agfadoc and he referred to this website. I can't seemed to view additional information regarding his stove (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=11051). Anyone here can help me view it?
    as with my hammock experience, I slept in one when I was traveling in Amazon river on a boat while I was in my medical/dental mission. Honestly, I couldn't get comfortable in it so I spread it on the floor and slept. Maybe this forum may change my mind about hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Hello and welcome to the forums! Sounds like the information you are looking for is in the donating sections of the forums. Worth the donation in my opinion!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    First off, Welcome to HF from Alabama. I think you will find that you will like sleeping in a hammock once you get the right hammock for you. It seems you just have to find the best hammock for YOU. It takes a little time and researching them to decide which type hammock you really like, as well as practice setting it up correctly and spending time in it. You can either research the different hammocks here on the forum by reading the hammock posts and getting you one and trying it out, or , go to some local hangs and see the different hammocks and set-ups everyone near you has. If you go to a local hang, you will get to see different hammocks and different ways of setting them up. The local folks will be glad to answer your questions and help you get started. There are tons of people here on the HF that will be helpful as well. Hammocking is NOT for Everybody but I think most people will enjoy it if they give it a fair attempt and not just try it a couple of times and give up on it. Do yourself a favor as I suggest and talk to some other hammocking folks in your area or go to some local hangs. They don't mind showing off their gear to you and a lot will in fact let you try theirs out.
    If you become a donating member here on HF, you will get access into the other areas of the forum that are for different topics such as kitchen, backpacks, and other items used in our wonderful hobby. It's well worth more than the small cost. Go ahead and spend some time here reading on HF and you will quickly see that there's lots of people from all walks of life that hang. This is the best site there is bar-none for hammocking. The people are friendly and very helpful as you will see. If you have questions by all means post them and you will get answers. The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. Good luck in your journey, and again Welcome.

nofeesh
    Thank you for the welcome and information regarding hammock. I was quit surprise to find that there is a big forum on hammock. I'm eager to find out more about it. As for donate section, I didn't know there was such a section because the message displayed when I tried to enter the site wasn't specific. What I am looking for is a detail instructions on making the wood gas stove with bill of materials. If you know for a fact that this particular site will provide that information for me, then I wouldn't hesitate to join. Either way, I will explore this forum, it seems interesting and looks like people with high integrity are here.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome nofeesh. You should get a cheap Grand Trunk Hammock to try out and see if you opinion changes.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome to the forums from Minnesota!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Mamba/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Welcome from WI!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Mass.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Welcome! I made a wood gas stove a year or so ago, and I love it. It is an inexpensive, and moderately simple project. You can drill nice holes and stuff, or just use one of those church-key-can-opener-type-thingees. Here is an illustration/ guide to creating a wood gas stove created by one of our forum members, Dejoha:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/p...ictureid=10531

I used this as the starting off point for the one I made. Pics if you're interested:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/p...ictureid=10348

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/p...ictureid=10349

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/p...ictureid=10350

I also found this video by forum member, Fronkey, to be extremely helpful:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/v...ls&videoid=338

Hope these links help. It's a great project, and a very useful little stove.

Again, welcome to the forum. Hope to hear about all your future adventures
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    D.I.Y
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    D.I.Y Whoopies
    Welcome from Florida.

• + New Posts