Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Trimmed ENO Double
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or buckle

for sale question

Always make an "I'll Take It" type post in the thread where the sale is advertised.
    Saying in the thread that you sent an offer, and if that offer is accepted you will take it is a "type" of I'll take it to me.

This creates a public record of the intent. Posts *always* over-ride PM inquiries when there is a debate.
    Is an offer an inquiry or a statement ?

I just want to know because I dont want to break any rules but if a guy sends me a pm at 6am and I accept it at 7pm and another member writes I'll take it at 7:15 what should I do . I would hate to renig.
    Never let schooling get in the way of your education. -Mark Twain

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Dont accept pm's make them claim it first on the thread. Then it goes to the first "Ill take it. Jmo.

In this case it seem the item was already sold/pending by the time the "I'll Take It" was posted. "Buyer A" should have posted in thread and/or you should have updated your thread with a "pending sale" post. I dont think "buyer A" should not get item over it. Maybe you should educate him/her for future purchases. My $0.02 !
    Take a Look >> Videos Trip Reports

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Camobob View Post
    Always make an "I'll Take It" type post in the thread where the sale is advertised.
    Saying in the thread that you sent an offer, and if that offer is accepted you will take it is a "type" of I'll take it to me.

This creates a public record of the intent. Posts *always* over-ride PM inquiries when there is a debate.

I just want to know because I dont want to break any rules but if a guy sends me a pm at 6am and I accept it at 7pm and another member writes I'll take it at 7:15 what should I do . I would hate to renig.
    Offers should be accompanied by definitive claim posts. Something like 'I'll take it, pending offer'. If there's no post calling claim, there's no claim made.

PM's have no standing whatsoever in determining the order of claims.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Camobob View Post

The whole "Offer sent! Calling dibs for now!" practice drives me crazy. And against the rules in many other forums.

Either post an "I'll take it" for the price that is offered or PM your questions/offers to the seller and if a different arrangement is agreed upon then an "I'll take it per our PM's" should be posted. However, if you get beat out by a full price buyer while you're trying to negotiate a better deal...then sorry, you lose.

The ONLY exception to the scenario above would be if the seller replied in a PM to accept the offer and before the buyer could post an "I'll take it per our PM" post, a second buyer posted a direct "I'll take it" in the thread. I would leave that up to the seller to decide who gets the item.

I buy and sell on many forums and have been beat out of items trying to negotiate a better price or requesting additional info or pictures. To me it's just the nature of the beast, you either pull the trigger at full price or gamble on trying to get a better deal.

I understand this forum does not have the manpower to police the FREE OF CHARGE For Sale forums. However, AR15.com has the best run forum marketplace I have ever used due to their strict rules that are enforced. Rules against the "Dibs pending..." practice used around here so often would be welcomed by most in my opinion.

Thanks for listening!

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly by WB
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj. Straps
    I think a plain and simple "i will take it" should be the only acceptable terms of a sale. If you have a question or an offer then send them a PM and do not post anything.

Simple yet sophisticated.

Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    I have seen many a post where the seller has neglected to include a piece of information or included information that was wrong and when questioned realized their omission or error. I personally see nothing wrong with the 'I will take it ' pending colour, size, price, shipping or whatever. If dibs are called within the forum but the deal is not made either the seller or failed buyer should post some sort of conclusion to the dealing so the next in line knows they are up. This is particularly true in the above cases with missing/incongrous information. It may not be a perfect system but it seems to work out alright most of the time.Just my two cents worth and besides, dem's is da rules! I have lost out on item due to my only posting that I was asking a question and then pming the question and saying in PM I'll take it if is such and such a model. The winner posted an I'll take it pending PM and asked the question in PM.. Bitter? No. I am , however, older and wiser. I have warned some folks from other forums about the rules and how not to lose out like I did. But hey, you can't beat the price of a free advertisement.
    Hangin' High and Dry

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly by WB
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj. Straps
    I would disagree. If you are saying "i will take it" then nothing further should be discussed other than payment destination and address. Taking it and then asking questions is really not buying anything other than time.

Just my opinion...

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    How other forums do it is irrelevant. If you get an offer via PM, tell that person to claim it in the thread. That way there is a clear record of what was offered and what has been accepted.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    How other forums do it is irrelevant. If you get an offer via PM, tell that person to claim it in the thread. That way there is a clear record of what was offered and what has been accepted.
    The system works. It has some flaws but if it ain't broke. I have been on both sides of the above mentioned problems with the system, but because this forum is full of such friendly reasonable people everything seems to work its self out.

Dammfast

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast