TC jungle, HB triple L Owl, TTTM
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing

My new BIAS Camper is great.

Received my new BIAS camper a couple of weeks ago and finally had a bit of time to do some hanging. Big thanks to Brian and Shane who responded to my e-mails as my order had some custom elements in it to sort out.

My hammock a BIAS camper single layer 1.9 camo ripstop with the knotty mod adjustable ridgeline with ridgeline biner Whoopie slings tree straps and toggles all for just over 100 bucks delivered tremendous value!!!!
    Especially when ordering from Australia we always have to cover high freight costs.

I'm very impressed with the camper's low weight the whole package is about the size of a 1 L bottle. But it is not flimsy has a very solid feel when you're lying in it. The workmanship on the hammock is top-notch you can see the thought and innovation in the design small weight saving features throughout the hammock everything is functional.Notably this hammock is the lightest and cheapest of the non-mass produced hammocks I have.

So how is it to use??? The whoopie slings and adjustable ridgeline all have beads so they can't crawl up their own #$@%^ if you ever had this happen you'll know how much fun it is to sort out Hammock arrived with loops fitted through the channel ends I just had to Larks head the whoopie slings onto them.I personally prefer to use lightweight carabiners rather than toggles to attached to the tree straps i feel they are more versatile and safer. Set up is sight forward no need to fuss hang it and get in not much twicking require finding the sweet sopt is easy. This hammock is the most comfortable gathered end I have been in to date. My previous favourite was my Wilderness logics lite owl a are very good hammock but the Bias camper is that bit better for me. It is a touch wider I think and feels more open lying in it. The single layer really helps in the hot weather here. The heavier material is less clingy and allows the hammock to breathe really well, comfortable even in very hot conditions
    I'm about 85 kg and the 1.9 ripstop seems to be the perfect compromise for me between support I do like to sleep flat if possible! And that bit of stretch for comfort.

I will only be making one small change and fitting my strap and buckle suspension to the hammock a personal preference. I like this type of system everything in the bag and attached to the hammock for klutzes like me this is good I'm not so likely to lose something.

Any of you considering a BIAS hammock I would highly recommend them don't think you can go wrong at the price.

Thank you Brian and Shane for an excellent product and good service.

Will post some photos soon
    Last edited by I-NT; 10-22-2012 at 01:38.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Nice to see some pics - congrats on the very nice new gear!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    BIAS makes a great product. You'll be happy with your hammock.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    love my camper. Brian and shane rock.

• + New Posts