WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I have a near endless supply of mule tape... It's used, stinky, and needs a bath, but for a scout troop, I'll pack some in a box for the cost of Shipping...

(ask timabababaluka)

I'm running low right now, and it may be a month before I get more, though... My "source" works for the local bell, and uses it occasionally to pull long fiberoptic cables underground.

The stuff I have is 5/8" wide and breaks at 1800lbs. works great for suspension... and it's priced right...

John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    I have a near endless supply of mule tape... It's used, stinky, and needs a bath, but for a scout troop, I'll pack some in a box for the cost of Shipping...

(ask timabababaluka)
    'Tis true. The man is a gentleman, a scholar, and the champion of Scouters the world over. Mule tape is awesome (I'm currently using a hank of it to keep my dining room chairs pressed against the table, thus keeping my 20 month old son from climbing up and using our table top as his own personal race track (necessity is the mother of invention, and evidently the Missus is the mother of insane children (they don't get it from the baluka side of the family ))).
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

JohnSawyer, olzeke Awesome! I'd be happy to pay a few bucks for shipping. We have a pretty small troop, so I'd only need enough for about 7 rigs. I'd guess 10-20 feet per hammock, so I don't need a ton. How 'bout ~100 feet from each of you guys? If you're game, PM me and we'll figure out how to get you guys a few bucks and send you my address. We're not in a big hurry, it might take a while to get fabric at the right price. I spent 30 min on hold with the local wally world... coulda drove out there and looked in that amount of time...

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Just to add more sources - I have been looking at Ham antenna's. Most folks who sell them also sell braided nylon and dacron (polyester) usually double braid in 1/4 and 1/8 in for decent prices. It's used for hanging wire antenna's and guying mast antenna's. Not as elegant as amsteel but not a pricey either. Double braid generally takes knots well. Dacron does not stretch much and is usually UV resistant or protected.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jefe_de_estado View Post
    JohnSawyer, olzeke Awesome! I'd be happy to pay a few bucks for shipping. We have a pretty small troop, so I'd only need enough for about 7 rigs. I'd guess 10-20 feet per hammock, so I don't need a ton. How 'bout ~100 feet from each of you guys? If you're game, PM me and we'll figure out how to get you guys a few bucks and send you my address. We're not in a big hurry, it might take a while to get fabric at the right price. I spent 30 min on hold with the local wally world... coulda drove out there and looked in that amount of time...
    It'll be a while before I have any... heading out of town soon. Check with me in 3 weeks...

If I get a bundle, I'll have at least 1000', maybe more. I can fit 110'-ish in a small, flat rate box, or 600' in a medium box... shipping is $6 and $11 respectively...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123