GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie n' Huggers

Sleeping pads

Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted, and have had a few hangs now and have a question regarding sleeping pads. I have found that they do increase warmth, and are fairly easy to fit into the hammock (for reference: Grand Trunk ultralight type - "The travel Hammock") but it tends to want to creep out. I've learned how to sleep much more quiet, not turning like I used to on the ground, but there is still some side sleeping.
    I know that many of you use underquilts, and I have my fabric to make one (still need down and the guts to do it...) but for those of you who use pads, what are some tips, tricks, and types of pads that you recommend? I am using a Ridgerest closed cell foam pad which is light and relatively flexible.
    So yeah, thats it. I hope all are well and getting out in this amazing spring weather! At least in North Carolina its' amazing!
    Edit_ I just found the "pads" section under bottom isulation... duh. I'll check there. Mods please move to proper section. Thanks!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Hello stompyd. I have an UQ but I remember reading some tips on how to get your pad to stay put.

First off, the best solution would be a double layer hammock, but already have your hammock picked out and such.

I was thinking of, in tandem with my UQ, putting an old piece of ripstop nylon I have that was taken off my tent. It is a small piece used as a rainfly (it is approximately 2 feet X 3 feet) with mitten hooks at the corners. My plan is to suspend it from my suspension, under or above the UQ haven't tried it out yet, and then throw a therrm-a-rest pad in there for extra warmth on cold cold nights. This way the therm-a-rest is suspended under me where my body movement is not pushing and shoving the pad around. Perhaps you can swing something similar....

Easier solutions - some sort of abrasive material - not too abrasive as to slice your hammock, however. Perhaps an addition of silica gel on the underside of your pad to increase friction on the pad and the hammock material. I have always wondered if the smooth side of velcro would be effective at this as well.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    An ENO HotSpot will help with your problem......http://www.rei.com/product/830279/en...ping-pad-wings
    Like an SPE.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts