WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings

Hung last nite.... LOL

The family I headed out to our local state park yesterday to claim a spot for the coming weekend. Got to get there a week ahead of time and set up a tent if you want a spot.
    My youngest son graduated from his Senior class at church, so him and 5 of his buddy's decided they would just stay in the tent...ok, np.
    Wife and grand daughters said they would sleep in the suburban. Myself and one of my other boys hung of course.
    No rain expected last nite, so no traps were hung. I was in my WBBB and he was in his ENO. Finally got to sleep around 1:00 am and was in no man's land, I mean I was sleeping so well, I was slobbering
    Now the excitement starts. The folks across the road from us decide they want to have a cuss fight.....yea at 3:00 am I couldn't believe the filth coming out of their mouths. Yea, I have heard it all before but was not to keen on the younger ones having to hear it.
    This went on for about 30 minutes, then I made a call to one of my other boys, he just happens to work with the Sheriffs Dept, which is in the same county where we were camping Wasn't to long after that, the Park Ranger and 2 Sheriffs just happen to show up Things got real quite, real quick.
    They rousted them pretty good, but no one got hooked up and taken away.
    By the time PD left the scene, it was getting on close to daylite.
    Got up, packed quick and rain hit before we got to the car. Headed back up in a little while, hoping for a quiter nite tonite
    No pics, it was dark when we got set up and hurry to take down this am

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    Hopefully by Friday, there will be 2 more Birds flying and 2 more with Hammock Gear on them. I think they have been on order for about 3 weeks. Got my daughter and son in law hanging with us this weekend if they come in. Now that will make a picture

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Loneoak, I hope your next night goes better. It's a shame when people don't consider others. Maybe those folks won't be there next time. Some people just have no morals unfortunately. I don't blame you for being upset or for being concerned about the children having to listen to the profanity. I wouldn't appreciate it either. Don't let that discourage you from having great times enjoying the great outdoors with your family. Take care and Happy Hanging.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Here in Florida, we have bemoaned the restriction on hammocks in State Parks until the recent rule change. However, I don't think I'll be running off to a State Park because I'm afraid of finding the same conditions that you did.

I go to the woods to get away from civilization (if I may generously use that term). I wander out into a vast National Forest with no "campsites" and commune only with the wildlife.

Since joining HF, I have found like-minded folks who are truly civilized and have enjoyed there company, but again, in wilderness type areas only.

Last year, in a campground, we had one of our own camped next to a buntch of drunken yahoos indescriminately shooting firearms. That will make you wish you had gotten the DOUBLE layer hammock for a little more bullet protection.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop gathered end
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    It seems so odd to me that people will show up at a location like that and then get into a fight. A buddy and I were hiking the Skyline Trail in Beavers Bend this weekend. That trail is around 7 miles, about mid-point, we find a primitive camp, and broken beer bottles, and I wondered "Who hikes 3 1/2 miles into this beautiful place and breaks a beer bottle?!" Some people....

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I go to the woods to get away from civilization (if I may generously use that term). I wander out into a vast National Forest with no "campsites" and commune only with the wildlife.
    That's the only way I'll camp anymore. It means driving a bit further and spending more on gas, but it's always worth it. Indiana state parks are just the worst, learned my lesson many times unfortunatley.

Hammock
    HH Exp asym
    Tarp
    Typhoon
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Last fall the wife and I took our little one to a Nat park and still had the argueeing couple problem. 2 hours of the cussing. Talked to the ranger and she said sheriff won't respond unless someones dieing. Not enough man power or back up.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Last year, in a campground, we had one of our own camped next to a buntch of drunken yahoos indescriminately shooting firearms. That will make you wish you had gotten the DOUBLE layer hammock for a little more bullet protection.
    I forgot to ask Brandon if he makes Blackbirds with Kevlar...

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Last year, in a campground, we had one of our own camped next to a buntch of drunken yahoos indescriminately shooting firearms.
    Heck, even being out in the woods isn't safe from this activity. I took Genuine Draft's son out a couple of weeks ago. We went to a spot that I frequent when I want to "get away" from the noise. Had a lovely day and evening. Packed a couple of steaks and were busy frying them on a nice flat rock in the middle of our fire when we hear the crack-crack-crack of a handgun not far off. No biggie, I'm a gun-guy and don't so much mind the sound. HOWEVER, when they started shooting their automatics (distinctive sound) at 1:00 in the morning, well, it kind of pissed me off!

Time to find a new 'spot' I suppose.
    I don't understand why folks want to disrupt the peaceful silence of the woods in the wee hours.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts