Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I totally agree about the "all-in-one" concept of the Clarks. I've got LOTS of money tied-up in hammock gear.

In round numbers (from memory):

Warbonnet: $100
    UQ: $100
    Winter Tarp: $120
    3 Season Tarp: $200

And who knows how many nickel and dimes in various "little" things. Oh yea, and how do you forget all the quilts: JRB Rocky Mountain Sniveller, JRB Shenandoah, Speer SnugFit. Man, I need to get a job quick!

However, I am VERY fond of being able to customize my gear based on the type of camping/hiking I plan on doing. I think of it like a home stereo; you can go with componets and spend more money or you can get a bookshelf unit and spend a little less. Just boils down to preferance. That's why I want one of all of them before it's all over.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I totally agree about the "all-in-one" concept of the Clarks. I've got LOTS of money tied-up in hammock gear.

In round numbers (from memory):

Warbonnet: $100
    UQ: $100
    Winter Tarp: $120
    3 Season Tarp: $200

And who knows how many nickel and dimes in various "little" things. Oh yea, and how do you forget all the quilts: JRB Rocky Mountain Sniveller, JRB Shenandoah, Speer SnugFit. Man, I need to get a job quick!

However, I am VERY fond of being able to customize my gear based on the type of camping/hiking I plan on doing. I think of it like a home stereo; you can go with componets and spend more money or you can get a bookshelf unit and spend a little less. Just boils down to preferance. That's why I want one of all of them before it's all over.
    Amen, brother. I need to find a WB, just so I can get one step closer to having one of everything! Or one step closer to the poor house!

Images
    hey guy's,

i'm still working on getting stuff sewn by a local company and it's taking longer than i had hoped. however, in about a month the masonry job i'm working on will be over, and i will have to find another, most likely for another company since this one is based out of colo springs and i'm no longer willing to travel for work unless it's absolutely necessary to pay the bills. anyway, since i will be in-between jobs, i have decided to take a break and make as many orders as i can get. i'll be making them one at a time until when/if i run out of orders, at which point i'll stop sewing and go back to laying brick. the website won't be up till i get inventory made by this other company as i'm afraid to try and keep up with website demand with myself as the only sewer.

i will do a pre order list so i have an idea of how much time i'll be taking off work. if i have enough orders, i might quit work early instead of waiting on it to end, but it will take a pretty good sized list to do that.

i'll post on hf when i start taking pre-orders. at that point i'll have pics and prices.

cannibal's prices are a little off though (thanks buddy), those were mostly prototypes and he was doing a little field testing. prices should be on par with speer and jrb.

i'll offer :

torso uq.
    replacement for the eldorado
    superfly
    eno/travel style hammocks
    possible seperate bug net for travel type hammocks.
    as of right now all hammocks will be avail. as single or double layer.

i'll answer specific questions about specific items once i start taking pre-orders as i'll give a detailed description of the items in the post.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    all Right Now We Are Talking I Finally Will Get One Like Cannibals

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest, ATHH
    Tarp
    ATHH, Equinox UL

I'll take one!

Not to get off track... But Warbonnet if you hurried up and quit I would get one of you hammocks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    cannibal's prices are a little off though (thanks buddy), those were mostly prototypes and he was doing a little field testing. prices should be on par with speer and jrb.
    My bad ; I forget things.......alot.

I will be ordering one of those new Eldorados for sure!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    i will do a pre order list so i have an idea of how much time i'll be taking off work. if i have enough orders, i might quit work early instead of waiting on it to end, but it will take a pretty good sized list to do that.

i'll post on hf when i start taking pre-orders. at that point i'll have pics and prices.

i'll offer :

torso uq.
    replacement for the eldorado
    superfly
    eno/travel style hammocks
    possible seperate bug net for travel type hammocks.
    as of right now all hammocks will be avail. as single or double layer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    all Right Now We Are Talking I Finally Will Get One Like Cannibals
    Well, not quite.

I got a chance to see and lay() in one of the 'replacement for the eldorado' this past weekend and all I can say is if you own one of the original models YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO START SAVING NOW! The new one (can't believe I'm saying this) is even more comfy and way stylish.

I'm not saying anymore about it because I live close enough to Brandon now that he could drive down and beat me over the head with his masonry tools. I'll save the public unveiling for him (dammit!), but even neo might like this one ...for more than one reason.

I also got to see the bug net he's talking about. Very nice, hope he gets it to market.

All my future hammock purchases are on hold until this thing becomes available; it even has a cool name. It's called....you'll just have to wait and see.

Should be well suited for cold weather hanging in Alaska.
    Last edited by Cannibal; 08-26-2008 at 15:20. Reason: Realized I was off topic so I added the last line.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    I have both a Clark NA & a Claytor.

I got the Clark first, and am very happy with it. The weather shield and pockets underneath are GREAT features. I've been using a different, larger tarp and keeping it separate so it can be set up first in rain, but there's no reason you can't do the same with their stock tarp.

I then got a Claytor, and find the double layer bottom for a pad and the spreader loops to keep the net farther away from you face very nice features to have.

While I really like them both, I have to say if I had purchased the Claytor first, I bet I'd have gotten another rather than spending the cash on the Clark. Not because the Clark isn't a good value, only that the Claytor is good enough that it would have made the Clark seem very expensive by comparison.

I have since replaced the suspension on both hammocks with Strapworks straps and buckles. I'll soon be looking into making home made 'tree huggers' and using a very lite cord to reduce weight & bulk of my suspension system. The Clark rope is better 'out of the box' than the Claytor suspension straps, though neither is better than any of several DIY mods you can make.
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketDucks View Post
    Not to get off track... But Warbonnet if you hurried up and quit I would get one of you hammocks.
    I would be interested in one also!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123