WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Well, my wife will be out of town this weekend, and my dad's birthday is sunday, so Pyro (my 5 year old daughter) and I won't be staying the night, but we'll plan on coming out Saturday sometime to see everyone and have lunch. It's been over a month since I was last online, so I'm going through withdrawls Summer's too busy.

When's winter start?
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I'm not sure if Paul from Under Ground Quilts was keeping it as a surprise, but I guess I'm ruining that . Hopefully he and his girlfriend will be making it down. It will be nice to meet them too.
    Looks like we will make it this time Should be there Friday between 8 & 9 driving down from MI. I will have a little amsteel with me, enough for two sets of whoopies that we can make Saturday for those that would like to learn then I'll raffle them off to those that would like a set. No cost on the raffle...

Looking forward to seeing the park and meeting everyone...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DH Night Hawk
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Doors
    Insulation
    HG 0F Incubator
    Suspension
    15'+12' Becket
    I'll be there on Friday, probably around 4pm. I should have a few yard games, some board/card games, my mountain bike, a portable grill, and an eye for hiking trails. I'm also interested in perhaps doing a canoe activity.
    "This is the greatest wisdom—to seek the kingdom of heaven through contempt of the world." - Thomas à Kempis

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide &amp; Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky &amp; GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    Looks like we will make it this time Should be there Friday between 8 & 9 driving down from MI. I will have a little amsteel with me, enough for two sets of whoopies that we can make Saturday for those that would like to learn then I'll raffle them off to those that would like a set. No cost on the raffle...

Looking forward to seeing the park and meeting everyone...
    That is just wonderful!!

Quote Originally Posted by adam.skinner View Post
    I'll be there on Friday, probably around 4pm. I should have a few yard games, some board/card games, my mountain bike, a portable grill, and an eye for hiking trails. I'm also interested in perhaps doing a canoe activity.
    Sounds like fun!!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky &amp; GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCStang View Post
    Well, my wife will be out of town this weekend, and my dad's birthday is sunday, so Pyro (my 5 year old daughter) and I won't be staying the night, but we'll plan on coming out Saturday sometime to see everyone and have lunch. It's been over a month since I was last online, so I'm going through withdrawls Summer's too busy.

When's winter start?
    Glad your back. Hope you had a great vacation!!

I don't know how scattered out people will be with their plans Saturday afternoon. I know Dakota and I will probably be at the lake or on the river Saturday afternoon, probably the river first.

We may stay Sunday night too, as there is so much we want to try to do and since I get tired easily...I'd rather spread things out and not cram everything in one or two days.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Spent the evening moving the Yakima rack off the old cap onto the new one, success with daylight to spare. Now a quick trip to the DNR to update the registrations and I'm golden.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky &amp; GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I'd like to suggest the following guidelines/behaviors/whatever that would help our new friends feel welcome.

Lets make sure we work together not just like we do at the actual hangs, but also on the forum threads. Welcome everyone, jump in when there are questions to try to help, try not to ignore a post, and if you start a thread, make sure you're watching/responding to it every so often. Acknowledgment is key....even if you can't make the hang, you can still participate in the conversations, and heck if you have knowledge to the questions by all means jump right in.

It's really hard for someone to jump out of their comfort zone and attend a group hang when they don't know any of us or know how we really are. (I know it was hard for me! I was nervous as heck the first time. I also had a fellow member tell me not to bother because "they aren't real giving on information." I'm glad I went anyways, I'm glad I got to meet those that I've met so far, and I'm glad I decided to go. Friendly thread communications are key to welcoming our fellow hangers to the sport.

I was just going to talk about it at the hang....but after my latest email, I felt maybe I should just post it on our hang thread so everyone knows whats going on.

As always, there's no name bashing and no name sharing. I'm just hoping each of us will be as welcoming online as I have found you all are in person.

GO TEAM OHIO

Now, moving on. Bannerstone, looks good. I have a curiosity question...how do you arrange a drop-in spot and pick-up spot when you're just taking one vehicle? (or are you both driving in?)

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    It's really hard for someone to jump out of their comfort zone and attend a group hang when they don't know any of us.
    LOL!!!! We are funny creatures, I like to notice that kids seem to have no problem making friends inside groups they know nobody previous... but as adults we seem to keep to ourselves and not put ourselves out there. I've met some great people through this forum and I know Missy and I are looking forward to meeting all of you...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DIY Gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY big Rectangle
    Insulation
    DIY Kmart Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies &amp; straps
    So to follow up on DivaB's last post, this is a bit outside my comfort zone, especially since I probably won't be rolling in until about midnight Friday, I have come up with some questions.

Is the trail from the parking lot easy to follow in the dark? I'd like to end up in the right spot, but I suppose anywhere with a couple of trees is ok, I'll find you all in the morning.

Are there going to be any group meals? I can bring something for a pot luck if we are, or just the walmart packaged camp meals if not. I hope to use my soda can stove at least once, I have never actually cooked on it, other than to boil water, so that should be interesting.

Firewood? Is there enough laying around? I have never been to one the 'remote' sites, but I know campgrounds are usually picked clean. Again, coming in that late at night, I won't be able to get any locally, but will run out on Sat and find some. The stuff by the shed is so buggy that i don't even want to put it in the car, I had ants for a month last year till the summer sun finally cooked all of em.

It sounds like activities on Saturday are pretty open, from mountain biking to kayaking, to hiking, or just hanging out.

I have been a frequent reader of this forum for about 9 months, and although I rarely post, this seems to be one of the nicest groups of folks on the internet.

Sorry to ramble. Can't wait to get out in the woods and meet some fellow hangers!

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images
    I may be up there (#8 or10) with a small group from Scouts (ground dwellers). Will stop by 9 and say hi.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast