WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by All Kinds View Post
    So to follow up on DivaB's last post, this is a bit outside my comfort zone, especially since I probably won't be rolling in until about midnight Friday, I have come up with some questions.

Is the trail from the parking lot easy to follow in the dark? I'd like to end up in the right spot, but I suppose anywhere with a couple of trees is ok, I'll find you all in the morning.

Are there going to be any group meals? I can bring something for a pot luck if we are, or just the walmart packaged camp meals if not. I hope to use my soda can stove at least once, I have never actually cooked on it, other than to boil water, so that should be interesting.

Firewood? Is there enough laying around? I have never been to one the 'remote' sites, but I know campgrounds are usually picked clean. Again, coming in that late at night, I won't be able to get any locally, but will run out on Sat and find some. The stuff by the shed is so buggy that i don't even want to put it in the car, I had ants for a month last year till the summer sun finally cooked all of em.

It sounds like activities on Saturday are pretty open, from mountain biking to kayaking, to hiking, or just hanging out.

I have been a frequent reader of this forum for about 9 months, and although I rarely post, this seems to be one of the nicest groups of folks on the internet.

Sorry to ramble. Can't wait to get out in the woods and meet some fellow hangers!
    Yes, the trail is 10-12 feet wide coming from the parking lot for about 1/4" mile out to the turn off for site #9, if I recall there's a reflective marker with the site number on it. At that point you should be within eye site of the camp to see light from the fire, maybe 100yds or less.

Plenty of wood at this site.

I'll PM you my cell #, verizon gets good reception at the site, you might make a call ahead so we can be on the look out for you. Also if you call ahead we could fill out a registration for you at the kiosk and you could just come directly to the site and be all good to go.

David

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    LOL!!!! We are funny creatures, I like to notice that kids seem to have no problem making friends inside groups they know nobody previous... but as adults we seem to keep to ourselves and not put ourselves out there. I've met some great people through this forum and I know Missy and I are looking forward to meeting all of you...
    Crazy how kids just so easily do that isn't it? I agree with the friendliness and the friendships I've made, but I guess some aren't feeling that way and once explained to me, I could see their point of view. I'm looking forward to you meeting you guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by All Kinds View Post
    So to follow up on DivaB's last post, this is a bit outside my comfort zone, especially since I probably won't be rolling in until about midnight Friday, I have come up with some questions.

Are there going to be any group meals? I can bring something for a pot luck if we are, or just the walmart packaged camp meals if not. I hope to use my soda can stove at least once, I have never actually cooked on it, other than to boil water, so that should be interesting.
    We hadn't planned any group meals this time. We usually just sort-of do our own thing as far as food specially since people will be coming and going with different activities this time around.

Here is a video of the road leading to the parking area and then a video of the hike in. These are done by HamMike who is an active Ohio member. I'm not sure if he'll be making it to this hang or not though. This should give you a real good idea of how to get there and what it looks like. You'll be fine, it's a real good group of people....and we'd love to have you there, no matter the hour.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZST...hannel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFDIy...feature=relmfu

Quote Originally Posted by cgul1 View Post
    I may be up there (#8 or10) with a small group from Scouts (ground dwellers). Will stop by 9 and say hi.
    Sounds great!! The Scouts may get a kick out of seeing all the different set-ups.
    Last edited by DivaB; 06-21-2012 at 12:57.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Does anyone else need cell numbers from some of us? If so let us know and David (Bannerstone) and I will PM ours to whomever. It can come in handy some times.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MEC Silnylon 9x12
    Insulation
    WB UQ / DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Jeffrey View Post
    Whenever you can get there, early birds get first pick on trees. Unfortunately, I will be arriving around 6 o clock. Remember to sign in at the kiosk.

Thanks Jeffrey,

Looking forward to tomorrow! See you all then.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Guide gear
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    line/strap
    Definitely hoping to do some kayaking early saturday. Believe me and brother Jeffrey will be renting as we don't own. I know bannerstone and diva b were mentioning getting out on the river. Maybe we can get a nice group together for some paddling! Either way, see you all tomorrow!
    "Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the end" -D.A.

"Hold on to your butts." -Samuel L. Jackson

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    This just in -

Late additions Tendertoe and moe.z will be in attendance tonight. I repeat, Late additions Tendertoe and moe.z will be in attendance tonight.

We'll be heading out after work-ish so we'll see you guys mid-evening. We'll be hanging until Saturday whenever.

We'll be bringing our friendly dog Oscar. For those who haven't met him, he is friendly to humans and to other dogs. We keep him leashed the entire time.

See everyone tonight!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Hope everyone is enjoying dayhiking, kayaking, or camp lounging.

moe.z and I had a great time as always.

It's great to spend time around the fire with old friends and meet new faces.

For anyone going home heading South, take a stop at The Whiffletree Restaurant in Butler on Route 97 for a bite to eat.

We had a great breakfast this morning. Their homemade biscuits were awesome.

They do frog legs for dinner if you get there before they sellout

Catch everyone next time around.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Pyro, the dog, and I are planning on coming out this evening, probably showing up around 8. She just wants to sit around the campfire for an hour or so. It'll be nice to see everyone!
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cgul1 View Post
    I may be up there (#8 or10) with a small group from Scouts (ground dwellers). Will stop by 9 and say hi.
    Well, the Scout outing fell thru, have to keep my eyes out for the next OH hang

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Missy and I are home safe and sound, we had a great weekend relaxing and meeting new people. Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone, great conversation, seeing everyones setup and just another all around positive weekend. I'm continually amazed at all the positive people I have met through HF and this weekend was no exception....
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast