AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    man i really wished that I had internet while I was out camping this weekend. I would have loved to see if I could have gotten an underquilt.

...perhaps next time.
    I never said the sale ended We still have a couple of the Regular Length New River UQ's.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl/Switchback
    Tarp
    MacCatDlx/Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE UQs+20burrow
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle+Dutch
    Paul, very wise keeping the sale going. I was basically staring at your website all weekend, telling myself that it was summer and, even though I reallly really really wanted an under-quilt, I could wait until the August sale. By this morning, the temptation proved too compelling. New River Long ordered.

P.S. If Flamethrower UQs happen to go on sale in August for the anniversary, I think I'll be able to convince my wife by then that we've gotta have a down to compare with the synthetic...

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    It's taking everything in me not to buy the New River.... I've just been doing far too well saving money recently to break down now! MUST... RESIST... ARRGHHH!!!!!

I still might break down and get it. I wont find another deal like it, and it's all in effort to have two extra hammock set-ups so I can talk more friends into going out on backpacking trips....

MUST RESIST!!!
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    It's taking everything in me not to buy the New River.... I've just been doing far too well saving money recently to break down now! MUST... RESIST... ARRGHHH!!!!!

I still might break down and get it. I wont find another deal like it, and it's all in effort to have two extra hammock set-ups so I can talk more friends into going out on backpacking trips....

MUST RESIST!!!
    Do it!!!!!
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Still have a few of the ready to go New River's. Most orders through yesterday will be shipping today.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Some Gathered End or Other
    Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Woot! Just got my New River and hung it up. That's a really nice piece of work there and speedy delivery!

Thanks Paul,
    HFG

(Happier than an hour ago)
    Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images

wrong sides of payday

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Amazingly enough we still have a few of the Regular Length New Rivers still in stock, made up, just waiting to get put in a box and shipped out. This sale marches on till we clean out the shelves.
    Paul so very interested in the quilt. A fellow hanger let me borrow Jarbridge River in April for the NC hang. I was super toasty. the Jarbridge went from my shoulders to ankles. Do you think a New River is what I need? I am only 5'9"
    would it be too much? too long?

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Still have a few of the ready to go New River's. Most orders through yesterday will be shipping today.
    I so wish that I had the extra money coming in. I just bought an Osprey Aether 70 and cant get anything extra for a little bit.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    SilverPalm2x.........alot depends on if your a cold sleeper or hot sleeper?? If your hanging in cold temps,,like late fall or early early spring. Normally,,Jarbridge is 100 bucks, and New River full size quilt is 50 more,,but sale going on now. I have hung with a New River last year,,from Aug,,,to late Oct..50-60 degree nites down to 30 degrees and 40 mph gusting blowing spits of snow for 2 nites..and was toast with full coverage. I vented both ends in the warmer temps and was warm with different quilts on top of me to compesate for the differences in climates/temps. Jarbridge comes 30 degree model, and 50 degree model. I am 6' and prefer full coverage, but,,have been hanging at the house in 70 degree nites down to low 50's with a 50 degree Jarbridge and no need at those temps with foot pad or anything,,compesating on the warmer temps by venting and using a 50 degree Underground Quilt (down) on top, and totally toasty. I am testing with the wife's Jarbridge as she has 2. The 50 and the 30,,but for her,,its full coverage as she is 5' 2". She was toast in the 30 degree Jarbridge the 2 nites in late Oct when we encountered, 30 degrees, blowing wind and snow the 2 nites and was toasty then but she is very hot natured as well. Its a matter of what your usages is going to be,,but lots of guys use a Jarbridge and in colder weather,,add a foot pad or wrap legs in a jacket or cover with other items like added clothing. Hope this helps you alittle in your decisions but both quilts are super nice and work very well under the conditions you learn to use them in.

What I do like about the Jarbridge is,,its 58 inches long,,if you use a pillow,,and I use a synethic 10" x 15" pillow for my head,,I have the Jarbridge set up on the hammock,to where my shoulders at the neck are covered by the Jarbridge down to my upper ankles being 6'. The footbox of my top quilt compensates and covers my legs and feet where the Jarbridge doesn't,,and the pillow covers my head...being bald on top,,in 50 degree weather,,I wear a buff on the head sometimes as well,,,,so I am totally covered with a Jarbridge setup in moderate temps..anything colder,,and I will switch out my UQ,,to a full size quilt and stow my 50 degree summer jarbridge,,but,,the 30 degree Jarbridge would work the same in cold climates and does for others.
    What ever you decide to buy off Arrowhead,,will work for you. Its a matter of learning how to hang it and use it to the best of the climates your hanging in.
    Last edited by Acer; 05-31-2012 at 21:56.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    HH Ex Deluxe, WBBB 1.7 DL, ENO-DN
    Tarp
    HH Hex-mesh skins
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yeah! My New River & triangle thingies made it today! Thanks again Paul for contributing to the habit of a hammock addict! Great products as usual!
    ~Sonny~

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow Symmetrical
    Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Images

finally ordered an UQ

Well been sitting on the side lines long enough. After using my WBBB and getting mighty cold I decided to get a New River XL. Cannot wait to try it out

Dave
    Dave

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234