Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    The ridgeline is part of it. How far apart are the attachments? Sounds like the hammock has all the tension in it and is bunching up fabric.
    On the UQ, mine have the shock cord and once I'm in, the tension keeps them mostly in place. I added Dutch UQ clips. Now I get in, reach under and adjust and then just hook the one by my shoulder into some elastic cord I sewed to the hammock. Then it won't move all night long, zip up and done.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    TW XL black at the moment
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    Modified mummy bag
    Right, after sleeping on the sofa for the night, fearing the mocking the failure would receive from the other half I've been out to measure everything I could.
    The points are 200inches apart, and between 55 and 60 inches high. I'm guessing they need to be about 6ft high at maybe the same distance apart?

I've not got any shock cord, I'm trying to locate some at a good price but it seems hard to find over here.

Hammock
    BMBH
    Tarp
    DIY sil cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Yup, the ideal would be over 6ft, I'm 5'9" and usually have my tarp ridgeline just above head height and then put my hammock suspension about 6" to 1' above that.

Hammock
    TW XL black at the moment
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    Modified mummy bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_M View Post
    Yup, the ideal would be over 6ft, I'm 5'9" and usually have my tarp ridgeline just above head height and then put my hammock suspension about 6" to 1' above that.
    I'm also 5'9" so I would assume that would work well for me, the only issue is that the highest I can hang on the fence side is 5 feet, could I compensate for this by hanging the other end higher or would that create more problems for me?

I'm going to attach ridgeline again shortly and try the hang again, will modify the uq maybe this evening for another night time hang next week.

Thanks for all the help so far guys, I learnt a lot by just laying in it for a while.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Since your fence post height is fixed, then one possible solution is to hang your hammock much closer to the fence post (less of your suspension used on that end) and have the end going to the tree much higher up on the tree to get your desired hang angle (30 degrees). There is nothing in the hammock hanging rule book that says your hammock needs to be centered between your hanging points.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Judging by the looks of the picture, your hang angle is too much and needs to be redueced to 30ish degrees. On top of that the issue of you hammock being too tight as well, but that has been mentioned allready. You may need to make a hammock stand for the garden or modify what you have in order for it to work.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12