Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images

Just got my BIAS Buginator Bugnet!

I was thrilled to find my Buttinasling Buginator on the doorstep today, 'cause the mosquitoes just came out in force today here in Jersey. There's been a lot of rain and they've been breeding.

I must say, I am impressed with the design. When I originally looked at the Fronkey bugnet, I didn't like the unsecured ridgeline openings. Subsequent mods had velcro closures, but I thought that was inferior for the horizontal stresses a bugnet endures.

BIAS kindly sent me a prototype to test with the velcro closures. They opened from horizontal stress too easily. The new Buginator I received had thoughtful reinforcements on the ridgeline stress points that diverge from the original Fronkey concept, but they thrill the hell out of me. While I think you could make velcro work, I love the new cinch cords at the ridgeline openings of the Buginator - makes me feel much more secure against the evil skeeters. Screw you, skeeters; I've got the Buginator!

I'm taking the Buginator out on a hike this weekend. However, I doubt I will encounter anything like the mosquitoes in my backyard. I am flipping the middle finger at the skeeters wanting to taste my sweet blood. I'm in here; you're out there - mosquito. Live with it.

I'll make sure to grab some pics of the Buginator when I'm out on the trail.

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Awesome lets see that thing in action.

Sure they are out there but you have to come out sometime... mwuahahahaha buzzzzzzzz

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Sure they are out there but you have to come out sometime... mwuahahahaha buzzzzzzzz
    The skeeters are stupid, but they are persistent. My goal is to minimize use of deet and permethrin as much as possible. If I can get 8 hours of sleep without being bit, that's good for me.

I've read several threads where folks think that a bottom entry Hennessy Hammock somehow minimizes mosquitoes following you into your sleeping space. If that's true, then any bottom-entry bugnet should similarly befuddle the skeeters. We shall see.

Awesome; I just ordered one along with a WWM and I'm terribly excited.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    The skeeters are stupid, but they are persistent. My goal is to minimize use of deet and permethrin as much as possible. If I can get 8 hours of sleep without being bit, that's good for me.

I've read several threads where folks think that a bottom entry Hennessy Hammock somehow minimizes mosquitoes following you into your sleeping space. If that's true, then any bottom-entry bugnet should similarly befuddle the skeeters. We shall see.
    We hung in the Big Thicket last June. There were, of course, skeeters. The others reported hearing that high pitched whine all night long as the little suckers homed in on their CO2 plumes. I had soaked my net in permethrin, and never heard a thing. Point being, the permethrin creates a bit of a no-fly zone, which I find comforting.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

I got mine today as well but I have not had a chance to even look at it.
    The mosquitoes are terrible right now so this is perfect timing. I do love the idea of the cinch cords and can't wait to try it out tomorrow night.
    The cinch cords was a must have for me because the nets I have tried with Velcro just sucked because they always came open and let the bugs in.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

I have been using this style bug net (open to the ground) since I started making my own gear and I have been very happy with the performance of this style bug net.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I was thrilled to find my Buttinasling Buginator on the doorstep today, 'cause the mosquitoes just came out in force today here in Jersey. There's been a lot of rain and they've been breeding.

I must say, I am impressed with the design. When I originally looked at the Fronkey bugnet, I didn't like the unsecured ridgeline openings. Subsequent mods had velcro closures, but I thought that was inferior for the horizontal stresses a bugnet endures.

BIAS kindly sent me a prototype to test with the velcro closures. They opened from horizontal stress too easily. The new Buginator I received had thoughtful reinforcements on the ridgeline stress points that diverge from the original Fronkey concept, but they thrill the hell out of me. While I think you could make velcro work, I love the new cinch cords at the ridgeline openings of the Buginator - makes me feel much more secure against the evil skeeters. Screw you, skeeters; I've got the Buginator!

I'm taking the Buginator out on a hike this weekend. However, I doubt I will encounter anything like the mosquitoes in my backyard. I am flipping the middle finger at the skeeters wanting to taste my sweet blood. I'm in here; you're out there - mosquito. Live with it.

I'll make sure to grab some pics of the Buginator when I'm out on the trail.

just so you know the history of this Design ...
    i came up with it back in 09 ... i put the first post out for it in April of 2010
    here is the link
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=16660
    enjoy
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    GLP - We weren't trying to steal anyone's thunder. There had been a ton of requests for us to produce a net to fit our hammocks and looking at several designs, this was one that fit the bill. It is a great design and I only made a few reinforcement mods (from the ones I had looked at) to help with long term use.
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast