Thermarest Slacker/Slack house
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Super Snuggler
    Suspension
    Eno Helios

Kelty Noah's Tarp 12

I love my Kelty Noah's Tarp 12. It has been a life saver on more than a few occasions. Not the smallest or the lightest but the best yet.........does anyone remember the EMS Hyperwing.

Just picked one up, and it should be here thurs!

My first tarp... Probably Overkill, especially since the weather is generally pretty **** nice here... But if I only have one I figured the weight and bulk would be worth always having at least enough.

Got it from here http://www.mountainsports.com/msmain...+Noahs+Tarp+12
    killer deal, free shipping, and they even emailed me on Sunday because there was a billing issue... As long as they don't send me a 30 gallon trash bag spray painted Kelty they seem to be one hell of a seller for the budget minded.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 9
    Insulation
    BMI
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopies
    Thanks for the reviews on this. I'm considering picking up either one of these or an ENO tarp to go with my ENO DoubleNest.

I was looking more at the 9' model though. A 9' tarp should be around 12.8' on the diagonal, and that's likely to be all the room I have between two trees. A 12' tarp would be closer to 17' on the diagonal. I guess if the trees are too close together I could pitch it square like the OP did.

Hammock
    Thermarest Slacker/Slack house
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Super Snuggler
    Suspension
    Eno Helios

Kelty Noah's Tarp 12

I hang my Noah's Tarp 12 A-frame style with a 12' spread. The diagonal is a long one indeed, but when you hang it in a A-frame configuration it provides a lot of room to spread out and cover your gear and footprint.
    Conversely it provides a great option to cover a common area while being set up on the diagonal when conditions dictate. Lots of sun/rain protection.
    I have a HH Expedition Asym and hang with the base Asym tarp. I love the view with the smaller rainfly. The Kelty goes along as a matter of course. I use it when I need to, and get someone else to carry it when I can. Versatility is the key and it covers more than the HH Hex rainfly.
    I can set it up in about a minute or two when the weather turns bad.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Thanks for the reviews on this. I'm considering picking up either one of these or an ENO tarp to go with my ENO DoubleNest.

I was looking more at the 9' model though. A 9' tarp should be around 12.8' on the diagonal, and that's likely to be all the room I have between two trees. A 12' tarp would be closer to 17' on the diagonal. I guess if the trees are too close together I could pitch it square like the OP did.
    I thought long and hard about wether to get the 9 or 12. In the end, I came to the conclusion that a diagonal tarp wouldnt provide the coverage im looking for, and 9 feet is much to short a ridgeline for a rectangle. Also, being from Minnesota, I wanted something that would work as a strong winter shelter.
    The Urban Outdoorsman- inspiring people to get out and enjoy the great outdoors

View my blog here- http://cityoutdoorsman.wordpress.com

Instagram: Nature_Pro_Pics
    Twitter: @cityoutdoorsman

Hammock
    Butt In A Sling
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by djminnesota View Post
    I thought long and hard about wether to get the 9 or 12. In the end, I came to the conclusion that a diagonal tarp wouldnt provide the coverage im looking for, and 9 feet is much to short a ridgeline for a rectangle. Also, being from Minnesota, I wanted something that would work as a strong winter shelter.
    I came to the same conclusion, went for the 12. I figured if it's the only tarp I have, I want it to work in all conditions, and having the option to close the ends off for a changing room or having more shelter for sitting under sounded good to me.

I just bought a 12' x 12' too. REI had them on sale for less than the 9' x 9'. My wife is letting me make her a hammock after she tried mine for the first time the other day, so I figured the 12 would be great for both of us.

I also bought 35' of Glowire (1/8" Dyneema blend) from DIY Gear Supply to use as a ridgeline. I'll play around with it when I get it to see how I can secure the ridgeline to the tarp and make it more-or-less wind resistant. From what it looks like, I might need to add some more guy-lines.

With a square setup, how many lines are needed to keep it stable? I'm not planning to use it in heavy wind, but I want it to be stable in lighter to moderate winds.

Any other tips for getting it set up?
    For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor. 4:5-6

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have the Kelty Noah 9 and the 12. I use the 12 to cover two hammocks and it does a great job. The Noah 9 was on sale and I got it for friends to use with one of my other hammocks. I have used the 9 and like it, but it does not rig up rectangular only diagonal. It is still a great tarp and has plenty of coverage. Definitely worth the small price I paid for it.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Zeppelin
    Suspension
    StrapsBeetleBuckle
    I love our Noah's Tarp. We use it above picnic tables, over a hammock or standalone as a shade and shelter when kayak camping

Hammock
    Hammecks, WBBBs
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    We have two Noah9's we use for vanCamping, only.

Besides the practicality . . . love how they look like two birds in flight !

trailname : Distracted By Stone

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast