Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web

Technical Difficulties, help

ok, so last night i went to Santee to hang with a friend for their birthday, and it was to be the maiden voyage of my Night Owl and WL bug net. Well, it was a massive failure.

First, i had a gear failure (will go into more details later, since i havent contacted the maker yet and dont want to put it out there like that beforehand) which almost made the NO unusable this trip (not a WL issue). once i got it up, i loved laying in the hammock, but i found an issue with it (that i will address with marty before specifying here, i may be doing something wrong) that made me slightly uncomfortable but wasnt a deal breaker.

what was however was the bug net! once i went to get settled in around 10 or so, i hopped in the bugnet/hammock with my new Zeppelin UQ and found i couldnt reach the zippers nor could i actually get them to zip once i grabbed them. seems my UQ was causing the issue, so i removed that and tried again.

well, that didnt fix it. with nothing in the netting but me, hammock and poncho liner i still had a hard time zipping it up, but i got it only to discover that i couldnt lay on a diagonal!!! i had to lay inline with the hammock because the net was drum tight (mind you just me and the hammock, no UQ)

so after 30 minutes of fighting and trying, i gave into shoulder squeeze and gave up. i tried going without the bug net, but was a bit on the ticked off/tired/sore side and now i was getting eaten up by bugs (tick season too).

TO HELL WITH THAT (i thought), so i went and grabbed my trusty ENO DN and tossed it up in place of the NO and into the bug net again. well, same issue arose, while not as snug in the netting, i still couldnt get sideways enough to lay flat! after dosing for maybe 45 minutes and waking up sore as hell, i went and slept in the car.

so what do i do? where i live you HAVE to have a bug net most of the year, or youll get carried off by pterodactyl sized mosquitoes. im too tired to think right now.

and before anyone says DIY, i cant. im not patient enough, but i am more than willing to throw money at the problem if a good solution arises.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    So the bugnet is to small and it causes extra squeeze when using it?

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    I would contact Marty and see if can make you one that's bigger and wider.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    bug net is hung also,,one way to reach zippers,,you just have to figure out which side you want it on,,and which end is kinda the head end of it, works like a charm for me in the Snipe.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    see acer, thinking on it now i think i may have had it "backwards" but it still wouldnt affect how tight it is.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    How high is your ridgeline,,you might just have to hang it under the ridgeline,,,just a idea,,as I noticed that myself. Yep,,mine is a dash snug,,but I like it that way,,and the bottom off the ground. My RL is 108 inches long as well.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    How high is your ridgeline,,you might just have to hang it under the ridgeline,,,just a idea,,as I noticed that myself. Yep,,mine is a dash snug,,but I like it that way,,and the bottom off the ground. My RL is 108 inches long as well.
    my RL is 106 ish, so not too far off. when feeling around under me, i can feel the netting against my butt! i just want to be able to lay diagonally and i cant with this

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Just checked mine,,and its 3-4 inches below my UQ..I am 6',,165lbs, And it still hangs pretty loosely,,,sounds like you will def. need a bigger bug net even tho the WL bug net is a dash stretchy.

Hammock
    diy or Dream
    Tarp
    MacCat delx
    Insulation
    diy & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post

with nothing in the netting but me, hammock and poncho liner i still had a hard time zipping it up, but i got it only to discover that i couldnt lay on a diagonal!!! i had to lay inline with the hammock because the net was drum tight (mind you just me and the hammock, no UQ).............
    TO HELL WITH THAT (i thought), so i went and grabbed my trusty ENO DN and tossed it up in place of the NO and into the bug net again. well, same issue arose, while not as snug in the netting, i still couldnt get sideways enough to lay flat!

i had the same issue with the WL bugnet though it seemed to work ok with an ENO DN it was simply to small to use with anything longer, a 114" x 60" diy couldn't get on a diagonal at all. my solution, a buddy of mine had ordered 2 warbonnet bug nets for him and his wife and i traded him the WL for one of his WB's (his wife uses a GT UL which is a lot shorter / narrower) the WB net is a different shape and has substantially more fabric to it and worked just fine with my diy (and even a dream hammock crinkle 60 if i didn't need such a long RL with that hammock, had ~4" of the hammock hanging outside the net on either end)

• + New Posts