WBBB 1.1dl lefty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj.Web/Dutch clip
    Quote Originally Posted by crashvandicoot View Post
    I'd recommend, if you have it, to test this with some cheap netting first. Something you wouldn't mind your trail monster running straight through or pawing at. Thankfully, mine didn't rip, but Dingo decided he didn't like my netting, so he pawed at it and pulled it right off my ridgeline.
    He's cool, I could make him a tissue paper crate and he'd stay in it. The bathtub floor is so his nails don't go through the bottom when he walks into it. He does need to be contained in something since he's a wanderer, though, or I would be all over Fronkey's stake out the bugnet idea. I'll get some pics up when I work it all out.
    I was told there'd be no math on this exam. ~T.D.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby View Post
    He's cool, I could make him a tissue paper crate and he'd stay in it. The bathtub floor is so his nails don't go through the bottom when he walks into it. He does need to be contained in something since he's a wanderer, though, or I would be all over Fronkey's stake out the bugnet idea. I'll get some pics up when I work it all out.
    You don't think that stacking it down would hold him in? That's awesome that he won't push on through.

The big problem I have with Tala is she loves to dig. If I did an open one she would just tunnel her way out. On the bright side, I will never take her hiking in the summer because she would over heat really easily and I'm ok with not bringing her when it's buggy. lol

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl lefty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj.Web/Dutch clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    You don't think that stacking it down would hold him in? That's awesome that he won't push on through.

The big problem I have with Tala is she loves to dig. If I did an open one she would just tunnel her way out. On the bright side, I will never take her hiking in the summer because she would over heat really easily and I'm ok with not bringing her when it's buggy. lol

Fronkey
    I had hoped that pressure would keep him in but he will sneak through the doors of my Superfly when they're closed tight with bungee and he's silent. He's a thinker and can figure out the craziest things so he needs to be enclosed for his safety and my sanity.

I got the thing about halfway done. Probably the ugliest bit of sewing I've ever done but I can always redo it later after I get it all figured out. I just have to attach the netting top to the bathtub bottom and put a zipper in the mesh. It should stuff pretty small and has only 1 support bar on the top that's light and small. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend and I'll do a video demo of it. It fits much better at the end of my hammock than the popup crate ever did.

I even did a small test with just the netting and he fits in there with plenty of room to stretch out. I attached a very bad drawing but you'll get the idea.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I had hoped that pressure would keep him in but he will sneak through the doors of my Superfly when they're closed tight with bungee and he's silent. He's a thinker and can figure out the craziest things so he needs to be enclosed for his safety and my sanity.

I got the thing about halfway done. Probably the ugliest bit of sewing I've ever done but I can always redo it later after I get it all figured out. I just have to attach the netting top to the bathtub bottom and put a zipper in the mesh. It should stuff pretty small and has only 1 support bar on the top that's light and small. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend and I'll do a video demo of it. It fits much better at the end of my hammock than the popup crate ever did.

I even did a small test with just the netting and he fits in there with plenty of room to stretch out. I attached a very bad drawing but you'll get the idea.
    That looks great and I really like that you have it hanging from the end of your hammock. If you're dog tried to get out, he would probably rock the hammock and wake you up. Kind of like an alarm system.

What kind of hammock are you using?

Also, is it small enough where it fits underneath your tarp?

Really cool idea Fibby and please post the video so we can see it in action.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl lefty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj.Web/Dutch clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    That looks great and I really like that you have it hanging from the end of your hammock. If you're dog tried to get out, he would probably rock the hammock and wake you up. Kind of like an alarm system.

What kind of hammock are you using?

Also, is it small enough where it fits underneath your tarp?

Really cool idea Fibby and please post the video so we can see it in action.

Fronkey
    I am using a WBBB lefty and it should fit under my tarp, it's a Superfly. I'm also making it adjustable from the top so I can still use it no matter how high my tree straps are. I would have it done already but I hate doing zippers.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am using a WBBB lefty and it should fit under my tarp, it's a Superfly. I'm also making it adjustable from the top so I can still use it no matter how high my tree straps are. I would have it done already but I hate doing zippers.
    I figured you had an integrated bugnet on your hammock. It explained why you were making a separate unit for your dog.

It sounds like really cool and please put some photos up on the thread once your done so we can see it.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Taking mine with me up north this weekend but taking my eight man tent and 6" thick foam mattress along for the 2 dogs.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Guide gear
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    line/strap
    Great video and awesome ideas going around!

As for securing your pup at night, I went out with mine last week and ended up putting 2 stakes angled opposite of eachother right ontop of one another. then added a 3rd just for angle safety. I then girth hitched her leash using the hand loop to the stakes. Held her tight when at 3am she heard some raccoons making an attempt at our food. She bent the ring that holds her clip to her collar but the stakes didnt move.

Hope that makes sense.
    "Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the end" -D.A.

"Hold on to your butts." -Samuel L. Jackson

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG INC\TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    little fleece booties help their nails from not ripping the hammock

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Taking mine with me up north this weekend but taking my eight man tent and 6" thick foam mattress along for the 2 dogs.
    Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Zissou View Post
    Great video and awesome ideas going around!

As for securing your pup at night, I went out with mine last week and ended up putting 2 stakes angled opposite of eachother right ontop of one another. then added a 3rd just for angle safety. I then girth hitched her leash using the hand loop to the stakes. Held her tight when at 3am she heard some raccoons making an attempt at our food. She bent the ring that holds her clip to her collar but the stakes didnt move.

Hope that makes sense.
    That sounds pretty cool. Next time you do it, please take some photos and put them on the thread. I'm sure some others would for sure like to get that a shot. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by phatpacker View Post
    little fleece booties help their nails from not ripping the hammock
    They would. However, if a person just trims their dog's nails then there won't ever be a problem. I don't think I could puncture my 1.1 with Kiba's nails if I tried. That's also trying with me laying it it to make the fabric tighter.

Fronkey

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast