Senior Member leepingreenlizards's Avatar
    Images

Lightbulb Clark's Hammock with a MaCat Deluxe Tarp

The tarp I'm using is the MacCat Deluxe. I've adapted it for easy use with the Clark's by sewing a couple of "D"-rings (one on each end) to the underside and off set from the end a bit. I also used some shock-cord and a couple of barrel-locs (used for draw string closures on stuff sacks) that allows for fast adjustments to the height of the tarp. So, I can lift it very high for better circulation and more standing room, or lower it for storms, as well as everything in between. This also eliminates the risk of damaging anything because of the shock-cord between the Clark's and the tarp. This same setup works great for the Clark's Canopy as well, however there in no need for the added "D"-rings. I have also attached a small hard plastic hook to the end of each sock-cord (the end that attaches to the hammock) and this allows me to attach and detach the tarp very quickly and easily. This facilitates quick setup\breakdown of the tarp separately from the Clark’s. Simply attach the tarp to the tree’s and once the Clark’s is attached to the tree’s I just lift up on each end and place them on the hooks. This setup also eliminates the need for the big bungee cords that attach the canopy to the tree.

I also have a great way of attaching the Clark’s to the tree without knots and tree huggers and I can use several different methods using the same setup.

Just so everyone knows, I’m the individual that told Gary at Clark’s how to set one of these up like a tent. He had no idea that this could be done until then. I have since refined it for a quicker and more functional setup.

Good blessings!
    Last edited by leepingreenlizards; 08-21-2008 at 20:31.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Why are you duplicating your posts in multiple threads? This same post as above appeared here.

Are you here on this forum on behalf of Clark? If so, you need to make clear that purpose.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Why are you duplicating your posts in multiple threads? This same post as above appeared here.

Are you here on this forum on behalf of Clark? If so, you need to make clear that purpose.
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance since I’ve never done forums before. I posted it here because I thought that if you hade another tip or topic to discuss, this was the way to do it. Since I posted this in a different topic “insulation”, I thought it would be better served as a new topic. If I'm mistaken let me know and I'll removed it.

Thanks and good blessings!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leepingreenlizards View Post
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance since I’ve never done forums before. I posted it here because I thought that if you had another tip or topic to discuss, this was the way to do it. Since I posted this in a different topic “insulation”, I thought it would be better served as a new topic. If I'm mistaken let me know and I'll removed it.
    No worries. Bringing to light a new topic is certainly welcome. I only found it odd that it was an exact duplicate of another post.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Many of us, including myself, do better with some visuals. You got any pics of your setup?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Many of us, including myself, do better with some visuals. You got any pics of your setup?
    Yeah, I'm the same way. Like they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". I'm hoping to go out this weekend and I'll get some pics then. If not, I'll setup somewhere around the house here and get some good pics of what I'm talking about.

Blessings to all!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    No worries. Bringing to light a new topic is certainly welcome. I only found it odd that it was an exact duplicate of another post.
    Would it be best for me to remove the one out of the other thread?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leepingreenlizards View Post
    Would it be best for me to remove the one out of the other thread?
    No, it's fine. I understand why you did it now, and it was innocent.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Okay, the pics for the Tarp mod are in my gallery. Decided to take simple pics in the house. If not detailed enough let me know.

Blessings!

• + New Posts