Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps

Question Set up ideas and suggestions

I have been trolling a good bit here at HF and I've come up with a general idea for my hammock set up. If money wasn't an issue I would buy a DL DB60 and cuban tarp w/doors, but that isn't the case. Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. Considering this is my first set-up, I'm not overly concerned about weight at this point time. I need something relatively cheap, yet functional.

Hammock:
    -Table cloth idea from here: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=52158
    -CB/Strap suspensions and Whoopie Ridgelines from AHE

Bug net idea options:
    1. Fronky's bottom entrance diy set-up
    2. I might bite the bullet and buy a wb bugnet (I really like the bell shaped zippers. However, is big/long enough for the 90x132 tablecloth hammock?)
    3. How hard would it be to measure/cut/sew bug net to have double zippers like a DB?

Tarp idea options
    1. Toxaway (going a head and bite the bullet and buy it) with either Grizz beaks or a diy door kit with buttons and/or velcro.
    2. DIY silnylon 1.9 ripstop 8x11 tarp

Thanks!

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Welcome to the forum.

If you've been lurking a while then you've figured out that there is no best setup, otherwise there would be fewer choices. It's rare that someone sticks with their initial setup. Once you start using a hammock and tarp, you'll discover what you like and don't like, plus you'll see what others are doing and that'll spark ideas. With that said, it doesn't really matter what you start with. It just needs to fit your budget and current needs. You mentioned DIYing a bugnet and tarp. Without knowing what skills and sewing machine you have, it's hard to say if that would be the way to go for you. It's certainly a way to spend less cash, but it might cost more in frustration depending on your personality. You have to make that call. There's good tutorials here on making all the gear you need to hang.

You mentioned a tarp with doors. You shouldn't need doors in FL. Doors help keep some wind off in cold weather, otherwise it prevents a crossflow of air to keep you cool.

So jump in and get something. Try it out. Get to a group hang and learn from others. The bottom line is have fun with it.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    DM is right. I started hanging last summer and I am already on my ninth setup (including different top and bottom insulation)! If I include the trekking poles as part of the setup then I am at 10. I am not counting the different bungee arrangements I have tried on the various tarps, so...
    I am having a lot of fun and so will you! Now get out there and breath good air!
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Tuck, I thick DM has covered it pretty well. What you have now is not what you will have next year or the following year. There is no perfect setup that will fit everyone. Besides we all want more! Jc may have a record though.
    If I didn't say it earlier, welcome aboard from Lakeland.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts