WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz

AT Hanging from Bear Mtn to Hanover, NH

Leaving around Aug 30 for 35 days (about) using HH ASym, Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pad and a poncho liner until I reach North Adams, MA where I pick up a JRB Nest. I will have light weight Patagonia thermal (LS shirt and pants) from the start. I also use my EO 8'x10' tarp in lieu of the HH tarp and it can be used a as tarp-tent if needed.
    Any suggestions on whether I will need my 20 degree bag before reaching Hanover, NH on Oct 7-8? Any other significant issues i should take note of?

Rockdawg69
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Leaving around Aug 30 for 35 days (about) using HH ASym, Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pad and a poncho liner until I reach North Adams, MA where I pick up a JRB Nest. I will have light weight Patagonia thermal (LS shirt and pants) from the start. I also use my EO 8'x10' tarp in lieu of the HH tarp and it can be used a as tarp-tent if needed.
    Any suggestions on whether I will need my 20 degree bag before reaching Hanover, NH on Oct 7-8? Any other significant issues i should take note of?

Rockdawg69
    one thing for sure you will be able to hang all the way.neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    Keep an eye out for Nest - he should be in that area at the same time. Have a safe trip.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    If it were me - I'd take the JRB nest from the start and use is as a sleeping quilt until you pick up your 20 degree bag. I'd think you'll need a little something on top of you besides the poncho liner. Also think the 20 degree bag and the Big Agnes Air Core would be enough for the cooler temperatures of late Sept to early Oct, but it depends on how cold/warm you sleep. YMMV.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll try and watch out for Nest and any other "hangers".
    Posting to my journal on TrailJournals.com, as I go to keep this simple. Maybe a summary here when I get back to discuss hanging and equipment experiences.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Dang!! Hurricane recall got me off trail after 4 days. Just getting my lungs and legs going when I had to come home to watch out for family stuff if one of these blows comes in this coming week. Got to hang 2 of the 3 nights and they were great. One night to keep the skitters away and the other by Island Pond to enjoy the lake and stars. Temps got to mid-low 60's near morning. Used the JRB Nest as a blanket before daylight and i didn't use my BA pad. Of course I had on a pair of hiking pants and light shirt to compensate for lack of the pad. Met one other overnight hiker with a HH on first night. Saw 5 SOBOs and no NOBOs. No other hangers in sight during this quicky. This was not a fair trial for my first long run with the hammock. Maybe better luck on next attempt.
    Rockdawg - Out
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    UG WINTER PALACE
    Insulation
    ZREST
    Suspension
    WEB AND BUCKLES
    Images
    Keep us posted RD69. Hope all is well at your homestead with these storms. Definitely hurricane season.

• + New Posts