DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    I am very interested but not sure if I can make it this year due to funds..Full time student. Plus I need to aquire myself a canoe and some racks for the car. I hope you plan to do this again next year or maybe even this fall. I would love to go.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Still thinking on a date

Sorry everyone, I thought there was no interest in this hang. My email settings must have changed. I'm still going to do this hang but have not settled on any dates as of yet. Im in the same boat as all of you, my schedule has just been crazy this summer.

Hammock
    BMBH, Traveler
    Tarp
    Edge/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I'm brand-spanking new to the forum, but I would certainly love to participate (schedule permitting) in a VA hang. I'm currently in Hampton Roads, but man, I love the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'll keep tabs on the thread!

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Update

Ok I'm looking Mid Sept for this trip simply because of the heat and water levels are getting low on the river. Camp will more than likely be High cliff canoe camp (it's Free) located in Compton VA here is some info: On the Lee Ranger District of the George Washington National Forest is High Cliff Canoe Camp, with free primitive campsites accessible only by river or by hiking in. The campground is on the west side of the river below Goods Mill. In fact, the entire stretch on river left between Goods Mill at VA 684 and Burners Ford at VA 664 is national forest, so camping is permitted. The few private homes within the national forest should be avoided, and campers should carry all trash away. Hazard Mill Canoe Camp, High Cliff Canoe Camp, These areas have a low development level with few amenities. Inquire at the district office for specific details about each area. High Cliff Canoe Camp (boating access, camping, fishing, toilets). This website has a rough map also they will shuttle and rent canoes http://www.downriver.com/rivermaps/l...entonville.php

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krshome View Post
    Ok I'm looking Mid Sept for this trip simply because of the heat and water levels are getting low on the river.
    So you're looking at the the entire map? Or some portion of it?

I have something Sept 8-10 so if you go that weekend I can't do it, following weekend could be good though. I haven't seen much of that area of the river, though I see a couple rapids is there any reason to not want to have a Kevlar boat?

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Dates

Ok here it is, lets do Sept 15+16 as we get closer to those dates I will have the info on the put in spot and take out. I'm not looking at a killer trip maybe 8 miles the first day and 4 the second day. I would like to be on the river at 11:00 am for a relaxing float. As per Kevlar no idea! it's rocky and the rocks will scrape the bottom of your boat.

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Ok here it is, lets do Sept 15+16 as we get closer to those dates I will have the info on the put in spot and take out. I'm not looking at a killer trip maybe 8 miles the first day and 4 the second day. I would like to be on the river at 11:00 am for a relaxing float. As per Kevlar no idea! it's rocky and the rocks will scrape the bottom of your boat.
    Ok, thanks. Probably will go with the Royalex tandem if I can find a front seat rider then.

Hammock
    BIAS WW, DIY
    Tarp
    Toxaway, Tadpole
    Insulation
    Phoenix,Yeti, Bag
    Suspension
    WB Adj.,or Whoopie
    Images
    Krshome, sounds like you've got some good interest for your hang. I'm down that way at the end of July / beginning of August and would love to hang with y'all if you come up with a date that works. I'd be one of the ones interested in canoe rental as well.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Update

Date are set for Sept 15th & 16th
    Ok I'm going to try to set up a hang here in the great state of Virginia. The hang will be on the South Fork of the Shenandoah River in Luray. If interested you will need a canoe or kayak. The trip would just be two days one night a Saturday and Sunday. I have not decided on a date yet but would be with in the next month. The trip would be for anyone but be advised all float trips include fishing and beer (with in moderation LOL). Camping would be wilderness style not a campground you will need everything food water shelter and so on. There are two National Forest designated camp areas but the 8 mile stretch is all National Forest and we could camp any where. I'm still working out the bugs but would like to see if there is any interest.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    web,biners
    This sounds cool. I should have my canoe up and running by then, but if not maybe I can rent one, or if someone has an open seat...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast