Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I guess this revolutionary hammock has fallen to the wayside?

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    I think he decided not to post here so his ideas wouldn't be stolen... I'm sure the op stated in another thread that he wasn't going to post his design here because he has seen some of his designs on other vendors websites.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Well that sucks.

Hammock
    Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw
    Lol, cry wolf, shout fire and the dust settles.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Easy guys. I'm not sure that's warranted. I just read through this whole thread again, and I was impressed at how much information LostinSpace shared with us over a considerable period of time. Like some other interesting threads, this one has occasionally been a bit unruly, and it's full of digressions. I am all too familiar with the way fantastic ideas can take a long time to realize. Nobody's been berating me for the incomplete state of my right-angle hammock, yet I haven't worked on it in more than a year (except for severely modifying the suspension so I could sleep sitting up with a broken rib - now I need to go back and undo that change). Yet I consider it a "work in progress" and plan to work on it in the future.

LostinSpace, are you out there? If so, take heart, know that you have quite a few interested supporters, and work at your own pace.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I wholeheartedly agree, WV! Without folks pushing the envelope, thinking outside the box, and approaching things from a completely different angle there would be little innovation. I think I've mentioned before that I've tried a few different radically cut hammocks that in my mind solved all sorts of problems, just to be tossed from them like a bronco. But I learned a few things along the way. So I say, keep up the experimentation. Just have a cushion under the hammock.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Easy guys. I'm not sure that's warranted. I just read through this whole thread again, and I was impressed at how much information LostinSpace shared with us over a considerable period of time. Like some other interesting threads, this one has occasionally been a bit unruly, and it's full of digressions. I am all too familiar with the way fantastic ideas can take a long time to realize. Nobody's been berating me for the incomplete state of my right-angle hammock, yet I haven't worked on it in more than a year (except for severely modifying the suspension so I could sleep sitting up with a broken rib - now I need to go back and undo that change). Yet I consider it a "work in progress" and plan to work on it in the future.

LostinSpace, are you out there? If so, take heart, know that you have quite a few interested supporters, and work at your own pace.
    It certainly isn't. I saw discussion on this very Forum of a hammock design that was shockingly similar to the one Gary was discussing. I think he was justified in pulling his pictures and refraining from discussion until he has a finished product, no matter how long that takes.

While most of us can discuss our ideas and suffer little harm from someone copying them, people who are in the business of producing outdoor products, as Gary is, have to protect their means of making a living.

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    I hope noone is getting at me? I was not trying to offend anyone... just passing on what I read on another thread to try and explain why this thread seems to have gone cold.

If people have read what I wrote as a snide remark then I am sorry.

I do wish that the op felt that he could post his ideas. I never got a chance to see the pics before they were removed and was very interested in his design, however I do not believe that he was unjustified in doing so.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I believe I was one of a few dozen who got to see his pictures before he deleted them. I liked where his head was at on the design side of things, Atleast what he would show, and I really really hope he finishes it. He is a really decent guy I thought and would love to see his business plan so to speak succeed.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I hope no one thought that about my comment either. I was just saying it sucks that he felt his idea was being stolen so had to stop posting about it. I found this thread after his pics were removed, so I didn't even get the satisfaction of having any idea what he's designing. Hopefully he's still working on it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast