Newb looking for advice

What is a good economical sleeping bag or pad or quilt set- up. I live in south GA so temps aren't to bad; hot in summer and about 20-30 in winter. want to be able to use my hammock all year round.

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Hey from nw ga.
    Many use poncho liners or Ccf pads or Walmart pad for UQ.

For top quilt sleeping bag. Or if your a diy type many threads here for diy tq.

Good luck. & enjoy!

Hammock
    Bliss, Eagles Nest, DIY made.$$
    Tarp
    DIY made
    Insulation
    DIY System
    Suspension
    DIY straps
    Images

Question Kinda sim.

Well, I live in Kansas City and traveled many places in the country and out. In the summer I would use the type we all talk about Hanness and ENO. Or a good travel style hammock. The best pad is a custom one and if your not into making or cutting one the are sites on here that point you to a few. There prices but very good and they take time to get like 6 plus wks. But Pads you can get from Cabelas or Bass Pro or even off the wall sporting good store like a mom and pop type. you want thick and long and as wide as you are or wider, What ever you feel better with. Me I like wider cause in the winter it can wrap you up and give a little more warmth. You really need to test them in the store and see what there return policys are try them in you back yard or deck were you hang you hammock at. I am working on a underquilt using a old sleeping bag with mods to it. I also added a pocket to my old hammock to slide a pad into. Thats my way and it works and it is away to recycle old things. Plus I have 550 paracord tie off to make my underquilt wrap better. There are so much info it hard to take it all in. Play with what works and modify things to your fit. You will find alot of people are doing just that.
    M.Whitmore

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Let me add to that. What you might use during our winters will more than likely be too much if you want to go out in july & august.

I have a fairly light sleeping bag for sale cheap. Can have it for $10. I think it was used for a couple of trips.

Hammock
    blackbird
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    sleeping bag/UQ
    sometimes in the summer i just use a small foam pad from my pack. you can also use part of a car's silver sun shield as an underquilt. i tried using an inflatable pad under when it got colder but it keep moving around and sliding out from under me. eventually ended up buying a 2/3 underquilt. expensive but lightweight and packs small.

I really appreciate all the great info, anyone have thoughts on the go lite +1 quilts?

• + New Posts