http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtmb7qIWskU

Quick overnight backpacking trip to South Mountains State Park here in NC.. stayed in the Sawtooth sites for those of you familiar with the park. Hanging in the WL Snipe (fantastic hammock!!) and cooking on the Emberlit Ti. Lots of critters making noise in the woods while sitting by the fire. Filtered water with the Sawyer Squeeze. Chief, my black lab, had a great time out in the woods as he always does. Played with my new knife - ESEE-4, which is pretty sweet. It's a Mora on steroids with a similar feel to my too-large RAT-7. The weather was great - mid 80s for the day time highs and 60-65 overnight lows. Food was Coleman meals from W***art.. mac & cheese and terroryaki rice. They are ok, but I much prefer Mountain house. Already had the Coleman stuff on hand and had to get packed and on the trail after closing the bike shop Saturday afternoon.

Not quite as entertaining as Shug's videos, but thought I'd give the video thing a shot. First one I've created and edited that was more than a few minutes long, and first back packing trip video for me. It was pretty fun to make and edit (used Kdenlive in Ubuntu).