Hi all,

I've been browsing the forums for a little while now since I ordered my Dd frontline maybe a month or so ago.
I've typically been a tent camper and enjoy both hike in or car camping.
It's the hike in camping though that has me looking to lower my pack weight and this has lead me to the hammock options.
My current tent system is approx 1.4kg (3.1lb) and (winter) sleepingbag+mat at around 1.6kg (3.5lb). So I'm around the 3 kilo mark for my sleep system and shelter.
I've always been a heavy packer and often carried redundancy in my pack but a tough hike with a 40lb pack on my back with a dodgie knee has me considering my options.
I can't see the DD getting any lighter than it is now with whoopies but I can defo go lighter with my tarp (600g) 21.2oz. That said I now have a nano 7 on its way and will make a light weight system with that for my base.

That said, I'm in the market for bug protection and tarp. So suggestions and options please.
I'd like a tarp with good coverage say 3x3 and prob sylnylon. I don't think I fancy hex or diamond.
Bug protection to be light as possible but whole coverage. I think I read pappa smurfs bug sock pretty much fits those criteria.

Anyway I'm in the Newcastle NSW Area in Australia if there are any hangers local and want to catch up for a hike/hang.

Here's a vid of my first hang. I bailed out early morning because of the wind but it was still educational.

I also made a DIY frame of sorts for home use (vid below). I find I'm sleeping in the hammock on both of my weekend nights I'm enjoying it that much.

cheers all Brett