Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Gear Sharing

Based on Hooch giving away a set of SMC descender rings yesterday (I missed them by mere SECONDS!! Congrats Rev...) I would like to acknowledge campers or hangers who have shared gear...
    On my first trip with Mule Skinner a few weeks ago, he gave me a noseeum set of SnakeSkins for my MacCat Ultra. Thanks Mule and they fit awesome!

Another would be PeterPan of JacksRBetter giving away 5 years worth of remanent materials FREE to whomever needed it. Personally, I claimed some shockcord, a piece of Sil and ripstop and some poly thread. This "gift" started me with some beginners DIY projects that I know will snowball into bigger things.

NEXT...
    Last edited by animalcontrol; 08-27-2008 at 09:41.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Images
    That's the great thing about knowing someone who is into the DIY thing. Doctari has the honor of being 1 mistakes length shorter than me.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

ἑταῖροι
    Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Thumbs up Re: Gear Sharing

been lurking around for awhile and this seems like a good opportunity to say hello to all and thanks to AngrySparrow, who has been kind enough to loan me a tarp, a hammock, various connector bits, sleeping bag, a pad, a water purifier, a stove, a spoon, pizza, scotch, camera lenses and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things ... oh yeah, and lots and lots of knowledge.

So thanks to AngrySparrow for getting me addicted and thanks to ya'll for feeding that addiction

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetairoi View Post
    been lurking around for awhile and this seems like a good opportunity to say hello to all and thanks to AngrySparrow, who has been kind enough to loan me a tarp, a hammock, various connector bits, sleeping bag, a pad, a water purifier, a stove, a spoon, pizza, scotch, camera lenses and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things ... oh yeah, and lots and lots of knowledge.

So thanks to AngrySparrow for getting me addicted and thanks to ya'll for feeding that addiction
    Welcome to the forum...hope you returned all that stuff!! (well, not the pizza or scotch)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Welcome, old friend!

*note* Hetairoi has been a compatriot to me for quite a number of years. I'm both pleased and amused that he showed up here unbidden.

*note2* I've never loaned anything to him that wasn't freely offered without strings, and some of those 'loans' were sharing of gear (or food!) on a trip.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I'd like to thank GrizzlyAdams for the SBPro, which I have now lent out to a friend to try to convert.

I'd like to thank Chief Hammock Officer for his ATHH deal earlier - we practically stole those hammocks at the cost of shipping.

I'd like to thank Tight-wad for basically giving away his DIY cluster stuff quilt to me. He did a great job on it, and I went ahead and overstuffed it with recycled goose down from an old army bag.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank QChan for her time/work on my project - to be unveiled at a later date. We traded time for material, and she is an awesome person to chat with.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'd love to thank everybody that has contributed to my hangin lifestyle, but I'm worried I'd forget someone (there have been so many) and I don't wish to offend.

Coffee gets a shout-out for selling me my first hammock; a Hennessy. Ahhh, the joy of youth.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Your most important trail gear is between your ears. I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing that with us every day. (Was that too cheesy?! )

Haha - Even off of HF, I've had people I don't even know do this. Someone sold me a tarptent for the cost of shipping ($8). People have sent me fabric and a few other things just because - this is an awesome crew we have on HF (and used to be on WB...I don't have time to read there anymore but that's what spawned HF. I'm sure they're still just as helpful.)
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images

Well you did ok but it sounds like you are close friends, good on both of you.
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    I'ld like to thank Sgt. Rock and Just Jeff for there websites. Where there is so much vast knowledge I could not help my self from being enthralled into Hammock Camping and finding another great website Hammock Forums! Thanks Y'all! This is one great addiction to have!!! And I must say this has got to be the best community I've found on the web!!! A special Shout out to DEL who made my Mayhem Buckles Design Come to life into a true piece of gear I don't think I could live without on my hammock!! Thanks Del!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast