Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Asyn Rainfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Question Which One?

Ok now that I have built and used my WBBB clone hammock and used it a bunch of times with a foam pad I decided to finally build an underquilt for it. I wanted to toss this out to get an idea of what type or style of underquilt you all have used successfully for the WBBB hammock? My idea was to use the KAQ Underquilt design but was unsure if that would fit under you right when you lay on the diagonal. Or if a regular rectangle or the football shape would work better? Would like to hear your input.
    TheXringHunt

I'm wondering the same thing.

I made a No Sew PLUQ, and it works okay on my DIY WBBB (thanks for the great writeup, Hunt). Right now I have it suspended pretty close to the foot end, but the shock cords can get tight near my feet and ruin my cozy foot space. My next project is a top-quilt with a footbox, so I'm thinking of moving my UQ towards my head to get it off the footbox and using the TQ for foot insulation.

I'm sure a lot of very clever people have been through this already, what has everyone else come up with?

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Last season, fall to spring here in Florida, I used a prototype in which the under insulation was sewn into an undercover/weathershield ala Garlington Taco http://www.garlington.biz/Ray/Hammoc.../Insulator.htm. The insulation was cut to shape to cover only the area used in my diagonal lay. The shape was trapozoidal and a little wider at the shoulders. The undercover is a lightweight fabric with gathered ends attached to the gathered ends of the hammock. The main advantage of this was elimination of all the shock cord and suspension of an UQ and reducing the amount of insulation to what is needed. During the 2nd Annual Florida Hang in Jan. 2012 with temps dipping into the mid 20's I was able to insert additional insulation between the undercover and hammock. I'll be work on the final version this summer and will post on completion.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts