Grapenut DIY
    Tarp
    HNO Airship
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo
    Suspension
    Always

Hennessy Cub(s)

I was on Craigslist the other day looking for vacuum cleaner attachments, and when I came up without success I typed in...hammock!

I weeded through the average posting of a webbed back yard hammock that folks no longer wanted and happened to see two local listings for the Cub Zips.

My rug rats are 3 1/2 and 5 and I'm soon ready to get them off the ground. I wasn't comfortable letting them overnight in the GTUL's I bought them, and I'm a little to close to my Blackbird's (my other 3 children), so I figured I'd make an offer on these.

Most folks picked them up at no cost when they bought an item last Christmas. For less than one bill I picked up two. One had never even left the bag, and the other had only been used twice because the little girl didn't like it.

Anyhoo, moral of the story...there may be some great deals in your back yard! My rats are chompin' at the bit now!!!!
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

Hammock
    GT Dbl
    Tarp
    GG11'
    Insulation
    PLUQ+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    ENO AtlasStraps
    That's very cool that you were able to find a great deal on the Cubs! I've been looking as well on Craigslist, and I have yet to find any hammock deals here in Northern VA -- I'd love to find some value deals, though!

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex fly
    Suspension
    stock
    I picked up two online from craigslist from folks that were willing to ship. Sadly, not everyone is. I'm hoping to find one more and then we will be done

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I purchased a Hennessy Cub for my dog. The Venders Name was Portland Used Laptops, I paid $60.00 including the shipping. The guy was not in Portland, as he told me he was, he was in New York. Second I never received the hammock. The Seller produced a proof of mailing, after I filed a complaint with Ebay and PayPal. He told Ebay that the package was mailed 3 weeks after I paid for the item. The vender would not give me that information. I filed a complaint with my Credit Card Company, they returned my money to me. It took three months to get the mess straightened out. I fussed to the Post Office, they misdeliver my mail frequently, I fussed to Ebay and then PayPal. If the Vender had worked with me we might have been able to sort out the mess. In the future I will always have packages insured.

Moral of the story, buy insurance.

Hammock
    Grapenut DIY
    Tarp
    HNO Airship
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo
    Suspension
    Always
    Ironfish,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but your suggestions certainly make sense. Mishaps like this are certainly one reason the moderators enforce the Goods & Services choice in PayPal transactions. I'm sure most of the transactions on this forum are on the up and up, but mistakes can happen. Most that have done any true amount of business on ebay have been burned at one time or another. It appeared like it was a great hassle, but at least your funds were returned in the long run.

My kids are LOVING their hammocks, although our repeated 100+ F days have kept them out of them the majority of the time. I'm quite happy to have spent $100 and hopefully open my children's eyes to something I absolutely love. I'm completely aware most of these hammocks were 'free' with a purchase of another item to many folks, but a wise old friend once made a statement to me after I asked him if he received a good deal on some work; "If you think you got a good deal, well then you got a good deal". It isn't always about the $$$ you are going to spend or not spent, but the countless hours of enjoyment that will be spent doing something you love.

Oh well, hopefully you can dig up another one for your pup! Mine love theirs!
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

• + New Posts