WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    If you have a ridge line for you hammock, you could rig up a cradle for your phone/tablet in a similar manner. One of the local hangers just has such a device for his iPad that even has an adjustable tilt angle to it.
    +1

For backpacking, I have a phone case that I've rigged up with some cordage that attaches to the ridgeline.

Yes, it does move when you do, but for backpacking, it weighs next to nothing.

Nice work on your backyard phone holster

Hammock
    GT Dbl
    Tarp
    GG11'
    Insulation
    PLUQ+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    ENO AtlasStraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    +1

For backpacking, I have a phone case that I've rigged up with some cordage that attaches to the ridgeline... it weighs next to nothing.

Nice work on your backyard phone holster
    I can certainly appreciate the space and weight savings you get when using just cordage as a ridgeline rig. I think I may do some experimenting w/ that. Do you have a pic of your getup to hang your media gadget?

Hammock
    GT Dbl
    Tarp
    GG11'
    Insulation
    PLUQ+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    ENO AtlasStraps
    just out of curiosity... what is the diameter of a typical trekking pole? are they standard or do different manufacturers make them different sizes? i guess i'm throwing the question out there before i hit an REI or another shop to "investigate" for myself to find out if the 3/4' clamps would fit a trekking pole.

Hammock
    WB Traveler double 1.1
    Tarp
    OES four season
    Insulation
    Hudson River UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

Hammock movie watching.

I had an idea for a sling to attach an iPad to a hammock ridge line at about the proper position and angle to watch movies, surf the internet etc. A search on HF quickly brought me to this thread where it is clear several others have come up with great solutions to achieve a similar thing. Thanks Peteypk for sharing your cool design.

Tendertoe, your ridge line hanging idea sounds similar to what I was thinking.

As for bugs, they don't bother me, even when they mass by the thousands, as long as I know there is a barrier, such as a bugscreen between them and me. This would probably mostly be used indoors as a kind of relaxation pod most of the time anyway.

I was thinking of some sort of pouch with a clear front so that any sort of tablet or phone could be inserted. on the back of the pouch would be a few adjustable straps or lines with a couple tiny carabiners that would clip to the ridge line. It would be compact and easy to store when not in use but would not necessarily be optimized for light weight since I would not really intend it for backcountry travel use.

If I put something together in the near future, I'll post it. If anyone knows someone already producing such an item for sale, it would be good to hear about it.

Suspension
    haven't decided
    I may just have to find an old portable easel now. My wife thanks you, lol.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12