Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & TriGlides
    Images

Thumbs up for the Nite Ize Number 9

I had a chance to try out the Number 9 tensioners during my camping trip this past weekend and they worked like a charm on my HH Expeditions. Myself and my two sons all agreed they were an easier way to set up the hammock and keep the ropes tight and taut. THese little beauties along with the Snake Skins make set up an absolute breeze. I just ordered some of the small for the tie out lines.
    Todd K. Miller

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Welcome to the forums, toddkmiller. So, did you use the Number 9s on the hammock support lines?

I used to work on an oil rig out of Halifax (near Sable Island) in the 80s. Spent some time in Dartmouth with a friend who lived somewhere near the MicMac Mall. Pretty country up there but didn't get to camp at all. Guess I'll have to come back with a hammock.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    BA Insulated & SPE
    Images
    I'm heading out this weekend and have a couple for quick and easy tarp set up. I've used them already just testing it out and found they are simple, easy, and highly adjustable. Definitely worth the $3 each.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & TriGlides
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Welcome to the forums, toddkmiller. So, did you use the Number 9s on the hammock support lines?

I used to work on an oil rig out of Halifax (near Sable Island) in the 80s. Spent some time in Dartmouth with a friend who lived somewhere near the MicMac Mall. Pretty country up there but didn't get to camp at all. Guess I'll have to come back with a hammock.
    I used the Number 9's on the main hammock supports but not the lateral suppport lines.I have since purchased some of the small Number 9's to try on the lateral suppors next time I am out. I've always been a fan of the taut line hitch but these make it just that much easier. I also bought a couple of them for my 'knot-challenged' friends who also go hammock camping. Saves me from tying their hammocks up for them. :-)
    Todd K. Miller

Hammock
    DIY Bridge/DD Travel
    Tarp
    Kathmandu/Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped/DIY UB
    I use the tiny nines for my tarp guide lines, they work really well, main advantage is, you can set them anywhere on the line, very easily, it makes it easy to use exposed roots etc as an anchor point, not something you can easily do with a standard cleat. My only problem with the ones I have are they are black, so very easy to misplace, I've solved the problem with attaching them to my guide lines which are all hi-vis and glow in the dark, (got fed up with people walking into them).
    You must be able to get a small tin of luminencent paint, I'll have to have a "google"

Stephen

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    by "tiny" do you mean the small size?
    i havent seen them smaller than that, good for down to 1/16" line. Id like to know if they came in smaller..
    anyways, I just ordered 2 of them and cant wait to try them out- i'll be seperating my tarp from the hammock webbing and you guys helped me make my decision. thanks, mike

• + New Posts