Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition A-sym
    Tarp
    Hennessy
    Suspension
    Hennessy

Talking Newb 2 person perch question

Hey All, Just stumbled onto this forum googeling 2 person backpacking tents. I had no idea there was a hammock forum. Super Cool I recently got very into hammocks. My girl and i have owned crazy creek hammocks for a long time but didnt use them much as there not very comfortable. I bout a henessy hammock last year and have used it alot (mostly motorcycle and backpacking trips) I absolutely love it I sleep better, my back doesnt hurt, and i stay much cooler (i live in the desert). I recently bout a Eno singlenest wich is very comfortable. I just got back from a trip to havasupai falls and it was great to have down there. I even put it up over a stream and enjoyed the natural air conditioning Needless to say my girl loved to lounge in it too and we both wished we could sleep in it together. So what are my options for a two person hammock? Clarks Vertex looks cool but its pricey and finding two suitable trees where Im from is a chore sometime so I dont know about relying on three, Also with the storage compartment between the two hammocks it looks as though getting ahh... "intimate" would be difficult. Eno makes a doublenest deluxe with bug netting and rain protection as accesories. Wondering if anyone has expierance with it? Are there better options that Im not finding? Thanks in advance for any help! OH and Awsome to discover a forum about hammocks. I am so over sleeping on the groung!

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Hmm..I am abit new to Hammocks but I am seeing alot of these Bridge style hammocks which if you were to make them wider you could probably fit 2 people in there quite comfortably and be able to move around abit. Not sure if this is a good solution but check them out and see what you think. Its basically just a pole on each end stretching out the hammock to be more flat. Making it into a bridge like shelter.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition A-sym
    Tarp
    Hennessy
    Suspension
    Hennessy
    Thnx XTrekker, Ill look into those!

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    Quote Originally Posted by hanginnv View Post
    hey all, just stumbled onto this forum googeling 2 person backpacking tents. I had no idea there was a hammock forum. Super cool:d i recently got very into hammocks. My girl and i have owned crazy creek hammocks for a long time but didnt use them much as there not very comfortable. I bout a henessy hammock last year and have used it alot (mostly motorcycle and backpacking trips) i absolutely love it I sleep better, my back doesnt hurt, and i stay much cooler (i live in the desert). I recently bout a eno singlenest wich is very comfortable. I just got back from a trip to havasupai falls and it was great to have down there. I even put it up over a stream and enjoyed the natural air conditioning Needless to say my girl loved to lounge in it too and we both wished we could sleep in it together. So what are my options for a two person hammock? Clarks vertex looks cool but its pricey and finding two suitable trees where im from is a chore sometime so i dont know about relying on three, also with the storage compartment between the two hammocks it looks as though getting ahh... "intimate" would be difficult. Eno makes a doublenest deluxe with bug netting and rain protection as accesories. Wondering if anyone has expierance with it? Are there better options that im not finding? Thanks in advance for any help! Oh and awsome to discover a forum about hammocks. I am so over sleeping on the groung!
    try the clarks vertex hammock it is designed for two people amazing concept

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Bridge hammocks do not lend themselves to widening out too much. The geometry of a bridge is very limiting in that reagrd. Whether or not you widened them, they would still roll the two together and squoosh you. There are a number of people on the forum who do sleep double in their hammck, but it is an acquired taste at best for a night's sleep. I would choose a gathered end over a bridge in any event. Having used both singly I think the gathered end offers the best results. But you better really like your partner. You are going to be on top of each other.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Hammocks are okay to snuggle in, but sleeping all night together doesn't work so well. Try hanging tandem with spreader bars. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=33909 It works great for our family, and would be equally suited for a couple. Ed Speer first turned me on to this method.

LDCakes shot this video to show how the D-crew hangs as a family. The video is raw footage, so bear with it. Still learning how to edit video, but it gets the point across.

Last edited by Detail Man; 06-30-2012 at 06:53. Reason: video link, text clarification

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Good informative video D-man! The spreader bars is a neat solution. Your girls are too cute! And smart too!

Did you use a hardwood for the spreader? Something like poplar or oak?

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Detailman, nice spreader bar setup but what was really impressive was D1's hammock knowledge
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Thanks MAD, and R-Fla. We had fun when we hang. There's a lot to learn. I'm happy they enjoy it so much.

Those bars are poplar. Wood species doesn't matter too much. That was scrap in the shop, and happens to be a lighter weight wood. The force on those spreader bars are mostly compressive forces.

Hope this gives you some ideas, HanginNV. This setup will work with a hammock stand as well, provided it's sturdy enough for the combined weight of the two hangers.

• + New Posts