Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

Blackbird vs Clark 250 close in price?

After looking at both of the websites the Clark 250 is aprox $430.00 and seems to come with everything including the tarp and travel bag built in .

The 1.7 double is $175.00 Travel sleeve $85
    Carabiners $10 and the superfly tarp $130.00

Total $400.00

am I missing something ???

For the extra $30.00 I would buy the Clark??

Thanks Bill

Hammock
    WBBB SGL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    All hammocks are not intended to serve the same crowd. You should research this website and determine what your needs are before making a decision.
    For example, if comfort is your only goal then you will go with a completely different line of products than if you are a hardcore, weight conscious, backpacker. I would not recommend basing your decision on cost alone. There are many high quality variations available out there. Each serving it's own niche. Use this website, as countless others have, to gather information and make your best decision based on all of your criteria.
    Or, as countless others have, you can begin the long (although enjoyable by some standards) trek of buying and selling each model until you find the one that dials in for you.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Well, it's not quite apples to apples. The Warbonnet tarp you are pricing is a little bit larger than the one that comes with the Clark (you can upgrade, tho, for $20). With the Clark suspension provided, you will probably want to add some tree straps - another $12. As far as the $85 travel sock for the Warbonnet - I'm not sure what that is, or if you need it. Initial cash outlay - the Warbonnet may come in significantly less. But, based on the experience of some, you may save on insulation that may be needed with the Warbonnet but not the Clark. Many Clark users (myself included) claim to be able to go down into the 50's and less without any additional insulation.
    Dollar wise, you can probably make a case for either one. But there are many other differences in the two hammocks related to comfort, features, weight, etc.
    I have had both hammocks you are considering and I kept the Clark.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Best thing you can do is to attend a group hang and check out a variety of hammocks.

You also need to consider how will you use the hammock....
    car camping or backpacking
    warm or cold weather
    will you need a full length or 3/4 lenght UQ or will you be using a pad
    do you want a package deal or do you preferr to pick from a variety of gear that best suits yous needs and budget

If you do get a BB and do not like it you can always sell it here on this forum for almost full price and usually in under a day, no other hammock can make that claim

I do beileve that the travel sock he is referring to is the hammock sock Brandon recently introduced, not really needed unless you hang in an area with lots of cold wind blowing thru.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    Here is a few of the things I noticed, and I'll try to help since I've had two or three of each.

You mentioned a travel sock. That's something you can subtract, because you don't need it.

The Superfly is a much bigger tarp and offers more coverage.

Clark sleeps better inline than diagonal.

Blackbird sleeps better on the diagonal

Blackbird is way lighter and packs smaller than the Clark

Clark is warmer, but don't count on the pockets to keep you warm.

Personally I think the Clark is more comfortable, but the Blackbird is right there with it.

The Clark poles get on my nerves and I never know where to keep them.

That's just a quick rundown and my two cents. I know if you search we have hashed this out several times.

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    I have an NX 150 and find it to be nearly unbearable in hot weather. I am seriously thinking about getting a WBBB for the hot months. Till then there is the el cheapo $25 one or the Grand trunk with the gossamer bug nets. They sleep much cooler without all the fabric under you.

• + New Posts