HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

WBBB to the rescue!

WV got hit hard with storms Fri eve and my power is still out. So this afternoon I escaped my overly warm apt and headed for the local state forest. Set up the hammock in a grove of trees and read and napped. Every little breeze sent a chill up my back (90deg) and I was a happy hanger.
    Just wish I could hang nearby for the night. Still, I am continually amazed at the cooling effect of hammocks.
    I thankful for small bits of comfort! Power co sez restoration may be as late as this Fri.
    Jim

Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    WV got hit hard with storms Fri eve and my power is still out. So this afternoon I escaped my overly warm apt and headed for the local state forest. Set up the hammock in a grove of trees and read and napped. Every little breeze sent a chill up my back (90deg) and I was a happy hanger.
    Just wish I could hang nearby for the night. Still, I am continually amazed at the cooling effect of hammocks.
    I thankful for small bits of comfort! Power co sez restoration may be as late as this Fri.
    Jim
    Excellent escape stay cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    We got hit hard here in sw pa.
    I get to use my hammock on the 4th! Can't wait.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks cuben
    Insulation
    WB, JRB, or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Hmmmmmm.....got me thinking. Might have to sabotage the breaker in my house

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest/Warbonnet travel net
    Tarp
    ProFly/ Superfly
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Tubular webbing

me too!

Yeah, me too!
    I got home around 11:30pm on Sunday to find my roommates both in their boxers and figured out quite quickly that the because of the over 100F temps that day, our AC had blown out.

It was 92F in the house and low to mid 80's outside, so I changed into shorts and grabbed the WBBB and my ENO Profly and I decided to stay at the Double Tree (the two trees in my backyard). I set the Profly up in the flying squirrel setup (almost completely flat) to allow for plenty of airflow and set up the Blackbird.

I used my shirt as a pillow and didn't grab a blanket, I slept great. I woke up once when the wind got pretty bad around 2am and at around 5:30am to empty my bladder and grab a light blanket, then fell back asleep until about 10am.

I was a little disappointed when my roommate fixed the AC and I didn't have a real good reason to sleep outside last night. I'll be in Ashville, NC for a wedding this weekend and I may try to sneak in a hang.

Bill

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It was 98º here yesterday and I laid up in my hammock for a short bit....could feel that cool across my back. But I was still sweating......but I sweat like a pipe! Red-Head thing.
    Shug 'o Sweat
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I hung Saturday with a high of 106 and sleeping that night in the hammock was miserable. It was so hot and muggy, I finally got up and poured water on my towel and slept with it draped across me. That was the only way I could get some sleep. Then I get home Sunday and a storm caused the power to go out and I had to sleep in the heat again, did the same thing with the towel. I was not very well rested Monday to go to work.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

A little help from Wally World

On the hottest nights a week ago while I was hanging at Trap Pond SP in DE I used this little fan from Wal Mart for about a half hour until I cooled off. I do not know how long the 2x AAs will last, but I am up to an hour with them.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I'm working in Charleston right now, staying in a residence inn. We decided to go camping friday night, not knowing about the storms headed our way. Before we could set up camp the storm blew in out of no wear. It was amazing experiencing the raw power of nature while being out in the forest! We witnessed at least 5 trees fall under the force of the winds! Once the storm calmed down, we set up camp. Nothing else to do, as trees had blocked all roads out of the park. I enjoyed my first hang in my new WBBB. Slept like a baby, even in the record setting heat we've had in WV.

The next night we went back to a hotel that had no power or running water and I wished we could have stayed in the woods.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Double Post. Sorry
    Last edited by Tadpole707; 07-03-2012 at 22:04. Reason: Double Post.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast