DIY Crinkle Taffeta
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Pad & Blanket
    Suspension
    Descending Rings

My first DIY hammock!

I got all the supplies from diy gear supply. I used a polyester crinkle taffeta hammock blank regular size. The suspension is amsteel loops larks head to the hammock and descending rings. I have about 15' of polyester webbing on each side with a loop on the end to attach a carabiner. I also have a fixed ridgeline from cheap synthetic rope. This setup seems to have a lot of adjustability and it is quick to hang. So far the hammock is very comfortable. I can lay many ways and feel relaxed and comfortable. I've only been able to hang for about two hours but so far I'm loving it! Tonight I plan to hang in my yard overnight. I can't wait to go actual camping with it. (Btw sorry for the bad cell phone pic)

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Looking good! Awesome feeling when you get to enjoy something you've made with your own hands.

Only suggestion - watch the ridgeline. If it is too weak it might snap under the strain. Try to ensure keeping it slightly loose on a hang.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY Crinkle Taffeta
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Pad & Blanket
    Suspension
    Descending Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Looking good! Awesome feeling when you get to enjoy something you've made with your own hands.

Only suggestion - watch the ridgeline. If it is too weak it might snap under the strain. Try to ensure keeping it slightly loose on a hang.
    I plan to replace it with some stronger rope but I didn't buy enough amsteel or any techline for the ridgeline and that rope is what I have lying around. I really like how the ridgeline keeps a fixed sag.

Hammock
    Tenth Wonder Hornet
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Big Agnes w/ Exped
    Suspension
    Webbing and Rings
    I made two tablecloth hammocks this weekend. Got the huge 132"x90" crinkle taffeta tablecloths. Did modified sheet bends with amsteel spliced loops and used carabiners to attach it to Kammock Python Straps. I may have converted my better half after a nice nap with the kids while we were camping. Found three trees in a triangle pattern and hung the ENO single nest, Grand Trunk Ultra-light and the Purple home made. The home made one is easily big enough for two to nap comfortably. When we got home I made the second one in Sage (green). I'll post up pictures when I get a chance.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Whoohoo! Looks great. I carry one like that just about everywhere. Good job!

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Nice work!

Hammock
    DIY Crinkle Taffeta
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Pad & Blanket
    Suspension
    Descending Rings
    Thanks for the encouragement guys. Now I'm thinking about making a top quit. Does anyone know an easy design?

• + New Posts