Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    One more consideration is Papa Smurf's DangerBird with its' stowable attached bug net. It unzips and stuffs into a pouch at one end, and at the other end is a breathable cover that zips up to preserve warmth in cold climate.

You could get near the same with a Hennessy with 2QZQ #4 mod and storm cover.

Or you could do like many of us and one of each! Or DIY! The possibilities are staggering and the help you'll get here is amazing.

I have ENO Guardian for my DIY, HH Explorer with 2QZQ #4, and now DangerBird on order. I'm lucky.

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJJ View Post
    One more consideration is Papa Smurf's DangerBird with its' stowable attached bug net. It unzips and stuffs into a pouch at one end, and at the other end is a breathable cover that zips up to preserve warmth in cold climate.

You could get near the same with a Hennessy with 2QZQ #4 mod and storm cover.

Or you could do like many of us and one of each! Or DIY! The possibilities are staggering and the help you'll get here is amazing.

I have ENO Guardian for my DIY, HH Explorer with 2QZQ #4, and now DangerBird on order. I'm lucky.
    I've got the #4 mod, and yes, you could do that. Still have the ridgeline in the back of your head if you sit in it though. I have a Clark I use, bug net zips out, preferred option of late as it also gives me the ability to zip in weather shield when I need it.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    In the summer, a built in bug net is great. In the winter, I love sleeping under the stars, with no bug net. So, maybe have 2 hammocks, for different seasons?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I'll throw a plug in here for both DeJohna's HUG, and DP's 1/2 length bug net.

The ultimate in weight savings for the gram weenies, and when used in conjunction with a light OQ and Permethrin treatment, great protection as well.

They are also without a doubt the easiest to enter and exit out of, than any other type of netting. IMO
    Signature suspended

Not to change the views of the masses but I have been using my Tulle bug sock for a few years now without a single rip/tear/whatnot! YMMV but I treat my UL and SUL gear with the respect that it should have, if you don't well then you get what you get.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    SBPro GTUL
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Leighlo 30*
    Suspension
    Linelocker/Rings
    This last weekend I made use of my Skeeter Beeter Pro and no mosquits bit me at all. Also have a GT Ultralight for no bug days. If you know where your going to and getting into having 2 choices is the way to go.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123