Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

finding padding?

Ok I figured that title might get a few people looking at my thread...LOL. Ok I am just getting into this whole hammock camping thing. I am still just 35 but my back just can not get into sleeping on flat ground.

I bought the HH Ultralight explorer and now also have the hyperlite backpacker (by the way I am 6'1" @185 and I think the hyperlite fits me just fine FWIW). I love both of the hammocks I just went with the hyperlite because it was a little lighter and I am trying to go as light as possible. Which brings me to the padding thing...

I am trying to make my own gear (I definitely see me making my own hammock soon as well). The padding question I have right now is related to backpack straps. Where can I get that really thin padding! All of the hobby places around here (Hobby Lobby, Jo anns fabrics, etc) only carry thicker pieces of foam. I made the first strap using an old sun shield that I had around from experimenting with pads for the hammock. Now that I have the supershelter I dont reeally need it...

Anyway, I am also trying to get in some posts so that I can view some of the things in people signatures (what is the deal with THAT anyway)... Thanks for all the help you all have been so far!

Adam

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Gossamer Gear pads are 1/4". They are great.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts