Trying to get correct hang using a stand

I have no trees in my back yard so I am resigned to using my "standard" pole stand. As many of you observed my hammock looks like a horizontal torpedo with no slack or hang.

Is there anyway I can modify my metal stand? The thing I should do I guess is to bend the 45* poles straight up instead of angled out.

I Would love to get a feel of what a good night's sleep is possible in the short run. I am looking into some of the DIY stands shown here.

Hammock
    Some Gathered End or Other
    Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Without even seeing it I'm gonna say No No NO! Don't bend the uprights. The angle is probably there for a mechanical reason.

That being said, I'm talking out of my hat because I've not seen the stand. Why can't you extend your suspension?

Got pics?
    Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

Don't worry about the look when you aren't in the Hammock

I have a WBBB that I use in my Backyard with a Vario Hammock Stand. The stand isn't rigid and if you were to see the hammock without me in it then you'd think it's strung too tight. When empty you can thump the ridgeline like a guitar string and get resonance (well almost).

However, when I get in the hammock the upright poles shift slightly because the stand isn't rigid and the hang is great and the ridgeline tension is less than when I normally set up the hammock in the trees in the front yard.

It takes so much tension on the ridgeline to set the hammock up in the stand that I actually use a cargo ratchet to squeeze in the uprights before hanging the hammock and I leave the ratchet in so that there is less pull on the ridgeline. Granted the Ridgeline is AmSteel so it could take the load as I am under 300 LBS.

So for you don't worry about what the hammock looks like while you aren't in it, what happens after you get in your hammock.

• + New Posts