WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    I think the "Tie your children to a stake" analogy is a good one*. Likely I'd go with my WBBB if I had to choose just one. But the other ones fit different needs: for example: My very old Skeeter Beeter UL fits perfectly in my bedroom, so I'll be keeping that. My newer Skeeter Beeter Pro, is lighter & packs smaller than the WBBB with a touch less comfort, but I still sleep soundly in it, so that is my "Go to" for long hikes (a week or more) when I need the space in my pack for extra food.

*Come to think of it, for another hammock, I'd tie my youngest to a stake.
    Just putting it out there.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

my current go to is the jacks-r-better bear mountain bridge. i can't get over the fact that i can sleep on my stomach in it.

Modified Eno DN (whoopies + tree straps, amsteel ridgeline) with a homemade bugnet like how mrs pip detailed in a post of hers, and the kelty noah 12 tarp.

This is my fav because the whole set up cost me $70. Great luck on sales and this whole system is still light enough for me to backpack and the fabric is incredibly comfy. I've only come to enjoy the feel of M90 better than this parachute nylon from eno.

Oh, and it's extra comfy in the cold now :-) a yr or so ago, i made a primaloft one quilt with m50 that my wife and i use inside a duvet at home and as an UQ while backpacking. It's HUGE (80"x60" 2 offset layers of 3oz) and makes it feel like we brought a portable heater. Paired with either a 1.5" or 3" (or both) homemade down TQ... this nest is luxury in the woods!

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    If I could only have one hammock it would be the Clark NX-250 with a Superfly tarp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    My choice is easy, if not available.

Warbonnet El Dorado...hands down.

To me, it is one of the greatest purpose-built hammocks around. It is a long-distance hiker's friend. It was the forerunner of the Blackbirds and lent many of it's characteristics to the Birds, while maintaining its lightweight status.

Very comfortable if you like snug, which I do
    Lightweight; around 20oz if memory serves
    Incorporated bugnetting that is never 'in your face'

I will admit, the Blackbirds did a couple of things better than the El Dorados; most notable IMO is the full length zipper. The pocket of the El Dorado gave way to the shelf in the Birds, which is great because that pocket and I don't really like each other so much anyway. The El Dorado gets the advantage for me primarily due to its weight, which comes in large part from the more narrow body. I just feel snug as a bug in the El Dorado.

I think there are a total of 5 in existence. One pops-up for sale on rare occasion around here, but don't ever expect to see mine unless Genuine Draft is selling off my stuff cause I got hit by a bus or something.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234