currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an

Thumbs up Video-Switchback Review 1.9 dl

Hello, here is my review of my new switchback 1.9 dl hammock from Tree to Tree Trail Gear.. I am posting this here because its a review but if mods feel the need to move it to tttg subforum please do!

I recieved my SWB yesterday, and did practice patience while i went for a short hike in the woods just to try and loosen up and get back in the groove sorta. Anyway came home took down my diy and strung this bad boy up! Here is my review:

I did sleep in it last night and let me just say for only five hours sleep i feel extremly well rested and best of all --- no hyper extension, no calf or ankle pressure!!! my opinions thus far
    1. Easy set up no need to do alot of fiddling..close enough or even a little tighter then usual and you"ll find the sweet spot ..amazing how it happens that fast!
    2. Comfort in no small terms extremely important. between the sweet spot and just the overall feel of the hammock i was extremely comfortable off the get go.Well ventilated and the ability to get out either side..nice! Bugnet stays out of the way. Fabric is awesome to the touch also!
    3. Convience measures in alot of different ways. From the tie outs for the bugnet,and the hammock,to the mesh pockets ( which are more then big enough) and the peak d rings.. The interior "clothes line" is also nice and adjustable!
    4. Peace of mind is the thing that keeps coming back to me. While weight might be an issue for some When i strung this up I felt safe to lay in it and with the wider strap and rings in the channels I felt safer about the material holding with MY weight and moving around. Also felt that this will take a day in day out kind of use on the trail and still keep giving. One note here, while I was fiddling with the hang (*cuz I am not use to not having too ) i did not tie off a safety half hitch on one end and down i went..slowly but i did and the bugnet tie out---saved me from a disaster! Cannot tell you how relieved i was !!!!
    OVERALL IMPRESSION
    It looks like this will be my go to hammock from now on.. between the ease of set up and the best lay with air flow and dual zippers it just cant be beat. the craftsman ship is excellent . I did find a couple of threads that werent trimmed after being finished sewn but that was the only thing i can say that didnt come across to me at least as a perfect craftsmanship!
    I am extremely pleased with this and all i can say is thanks Dale!

ps: to Sandykayaker..you were absolutely right and thank you!!!
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Thanks for the review. I'm new to hammocking and I only have the experiemce of my WBBB 1.1 and the only complaint I have is lack of airflow. I need to experience different setups for my 2nd hammock to get one that is more open for the breeze, ever so important in humid East Texas.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Nice review.

Out of all the hammocks I've owned, the Switchback is definitely my favorite.

For my Switchback, I got the RW Convertible mod from 2QZQ.

I highly recommend it.

It is nice to fully "remove" the netting rather than just have it strung above your head.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Great review mountain hanger, I need to play around with the tie-outs. Since I grew up in Venezuela and no tie-outs, I'm still not sure of the benefits. Answers? Also, why don't they supply four? Is it good to add two more?

I added dayglo orange tarp cord with a bead so I can reach the zipper pulls on the inside

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    for me the benefits are that they keep the bugnet a little farther out from the sides and i dont have to think about how much fabric i have under me when i move..if that makes sense..it does slow down the swaying if thats what you want, i used all four with shockcord when i slept out last night..not real tight so i got some sway with the breeze when there was one, and my guess is the only supply two because we lay on the diagnol and two would suffice, i just like all four ) like the dayglo add on!
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

• + New Posts