Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine2000 View Post
    All signed up! I'm seriously stoked about this trip! And if I can get some free chow you know I'm down for KP bro.

Just to save me some seriously long thread reading is there a link or a few things you would suggest I bring? And what is the standard contribution for paypal? I want to at least cover my portion of the cost to stay the night.
    Unfortunately there are no shortcuts or links for planning other than the two threads. I feel for you 38 pages is a lot to read (and that's only one of the two threads).

I would suggest a paypal contribution of 10-20 per person. I would also suggest getting in on the raffle when you get there. Lilricky put forth a herculean effort in getting some amazing raffle prizes. We are very fortunate to be supported by this wonderful hammocking community and major companies like REI, Sawyer, and Garmin.

If you have a compass you might want to bring it. If you want to kayak you can bring your own or ask to use one that belongs to someone else. Timberrr is willing to loan out one of our kayaks if there is an interest.

If friends are coming as well, consider car pooling. Parking may be tight.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Dutch Print USA!
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better/HG
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Just thought of this as well...what is the etiquette on alcohol? I enjoy a little flask of Captain or a cooler of beer. What's the social norm for this trip?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Dutch Print USA!
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better/HG
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    Unfortunately there are no shortcuts or links for planning other than the two threads. I feel for you 38 pages is a lot to read (and that's only one of the two threads).

I would suggest a paypal contribution of 10-20 per person. I would also suggest getting in on the raffle when you get there. Lilricky put forth a herculean effort in getting some amazing raffle prizes. We are very fortunate to be supported by this wonderful hammocking community and major companies like REI, Sawyer, and Garmin.

If you have a compass you might want to bring it. If you want to kayak you can bring your own or ask to use one that belongs to someone else. Timberrr is willing to loan out one of our kayaks if there is an interest.

If friends are coming as well, consider car pooling. Parking may be tight.
    Thanks for the info. We will all be riding together so no worries there. I have a 2 man kayak I'll bring if it's only two of us. Does the contribution still go to [email protected]? If so, consider it done. I saw the list of raffle prizes and you can count on me for a couple tickets no doubt!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Controlled consumption is accepted anything beyond that could result in a dip in Buck Lake.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine2000 View Post
    Does the contribution still go to [email protected]?
    Yes. [email protected] is the paypal address for contributions.

There is no set or 'standard' contribution. Simply ask yourself what is right and respond accordingly. If one is not joining in on the low country boil or the gumbo then one should not feel compelled to contribute to the same degree as one who is.

I don't want to be anyone's parent but with this many people, we need to be especially clear. Forgive me for starting with the obvious; shrimp and gumbo are expensive, not free. There is no "free chow" as was mentioned earlier in the thread. The site, though not expensive, is also not free. To be clear, funding and contributions have never been an issue and we aren't expecting them to become one. This has worked so well in the past because people were conscientious and generous. In short, everyone doing a little bit makes everything go smoothly. But you knew that already.
    HangCon Sign Up:

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Dutch Print USA!
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better/HG
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    Yes. [email protected] is the paypal address for contributions.

There is no set or 'standard' contribution. Simply ask yourself what is right and respond accordingly. If one is not joining in on the low country boil or the gumbo then one should not feel compelled to contribute to the same degree as one who is.

I don't want to be anyone's parent but with this many people, we need to be especially clear. Forgive me for starting with the obvious; shrimp and gumbo are expensive, not free. There is no "free chow" as was mentioned earlier in the thread. The site, though not expensive, is also not free. To be clear, funding and contributions have never been an issue and we aren't expecting them to become one. This has worked so well in the past because people were conscientious and generous. In short, everyone doing a little bit makes everything go smoothly. But you knew that already.
    Knew it indeed. Contribution sent. Count on the same amount in raffle tickets.

Been looking at pictures from the last trip and can't wait for that Gumbo...bringing my Oldbay!

See you guys there

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images

On a related note

Would a volunteer please step forward.

I would like someone to help Gumbo & me with selling raffle tickets, collecting contributions, counting money etc. With as many people as we are expecting, it would be helpful to have extra hands to reach everyone. And it would be prudent to have extra eyes on the money.

Please PM me if you're interested.

( don't everyone jump at once )
    HangCon Sign Up:

So many trees, so little time...

Images
    I am visiting at the Villages for the month and plan on getting over there, in fact I have already signed up. Anyway I stopped at one of the Ocala NF visitors center and asked them about Buck Lake. They told me it is closed to the public and you need a reservation to get in. What's with that?

Also I have friends that coming from the north to get away from the beautiful weather and maybe showing up that weekend so if they do I will be only a day visitor.

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just as the Ocala NF visitors center said, Buck Lake is for "Groups" by reservation only. I believe we have it reserved beginning Friday, January 18th

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkfly88 View Post
    Well, I signed up in the sheet.

Unless I go on some other weekend beforehand, this will be my FIRST overnight in a hammock at this event

What an experience huh?
    Last year's Hang was my wife's (MightyMouse's) first night in a hammock. Despite the ungodly cold temps (for Florida) she loved it. Goes with me every time now!
    Last edited by Duffy; 01-07-2013 at 07:23.
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

• + New Posts
  • Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast